App?

Pablihifi

Hello everyone. Do you use the Wiim app or the Qobuz app? I've seen that the Qobuz App broadcasts it on airplay2 (it's via Wi-Fi, right?).

What I understood is that the Wiim App from the mobile/tablet what it did was give commands (control type) but the one that connected to the music servers is the same wiim stremer. Do you know if that's the case?

If you use the interface to Qobuz in the WiiM app, the stream from Qobuz’s cloud service is delivered directly to the WiiM device at full resolution up to 24/192, but that interface (like most third party interfaces) isn’t as feature rich as the Qobuz app.

If you use the Qobuz app and then Airplay to your WiiM, the stream travels from the Qobuz cloud to your Qobuz app on your phone and is then sent over Airplay to the WiiM at a lower resolution, CD quality at best.

One Qobuz release their Connect mechanism hopefully in the next quarter, that will allow you to use the Qobuz app but redirect the stream direct to your WiiM device at full resolution, bypassing your phone and obviating the need to use Airplay.

Quote: If you use the Qobuz app and then Airplay to your WiiM, the stream travels from the Qobuz cloud to your Qobuz app on your phone and is then sent over Airplay to the WiiM at a lower resolution, CD quality at best.

Is it the same when using Chromecast? I unterstood that Chromecast streams directly from Web-Servers and not through your phone. Can you stream in high resolutions over Chromecast?

Good point - you can indeed use Chromecast directly to the WiiM Pro, Pro Plus or Amp (not Mini), but Qobuz themselves cap that at 24/96 even though those WiiM devices can Chromecast at 24/192.

Hello everyone.
Wouldn't it make sense to save the presets with the current volume and equalizer data?
These values would be called up with the selection of the preset.
Regards

One Qobuz release their Connect mechanism hopefully in the next quarter, that will allow you to use the Qobuz app but redirect the stream direct to your WiiM device at full resolution, bypassing your phone and obviating the need to use Airplay.

That means the only options from my iPad/iPhone are either via Airplay2 or via the original WiiM app? There is no "Qobuz connect"?! That would be a no go for me. I'm currently still using Amazon music and I'd like to try Qobuz, but only if it's possible to connect directly from the app.

That means the only options from my iPad/iPhone are either via Airplay2 or via the original WiiM app? There is no "Qobuz connect"?! That would be a no go for me. I'm currently still using Amazon music and I'd like to try Qobuz, but only if it's possible to connect directly from the app.
As I said in comment #5, you can use ChromeCast up to 24/96 from the Qobuz app, unless you have a Mini which doesn’t support that.

Qobuz Connect has been on the cards for a couple of years at least but there are signs we’ll maybe see it in the coming months.

Qobuz app to pro via cc sounds really good to me. There isn't much for me on 24/192 anyway 😀

Is it correct that Airplay from the Qobuz app is still Airplay 1? Also from ios?
I believe to remember Darkos Brother Thomas mentioned it.

Is it correct that Airplay from the Qobuz app is still Airplay 1? Also from ios?
I believe to remember Darkos Brother Thomas mentioned it.
This would suggest Qobuz using Airplay 2 is bit perfect for CD quality tracks

Any particular reason as to why you’re ChromeCast averse?
I would like my WiiM Pro Plus to stream the music itself. Just like I know it from amazon music connect. If I were to use Chromecast, the WiiM would just be a receiver that plays the signal from my iPad. I didn't buy the WiiM for that, I could also have it via Airplay on my AppleTV. Or am I wrong about that?

Back