App?

I would like my WiiM Pro Plus to stream the music itself. Just like I know it from amazon music connect. If I were to use Chromecast, the WiiM would just be a receiver that plays the signal from my iPad. I didn't buy the WiiM for that, I could also have it via Airplay on my AppleTV. Or am I wrong about that?
I'm pretty sure chromecast doesn't use the controlling device as a proxy.
But maybe i'm wrong about that!
About to go out, so no time to test it!

I would like my WiiM Pro Plus to stream the music itself. Just like I know it from amazon music connect. If I were to use Chromecast, the WiiM would just be a receiver that plays the signal from my iPad. I didn't buy the WiiM for that, I could also have it via Airplay on my AppleTV. Or am I wrong about that?
With Chromecast your iPad is just acting as a remote. It tells the WiiM Pro Plus what the music stream's URL is, how loud to play it and so on. Once the music is streaming you could turn off your iPad or throw it out of the window. ;) The music would just play on forever (kind of).

This is fundamentally different from Airplay, where the data stream is transmitted by the iPad itself to the network streamer.

The only major drawback of Chromecast is the lack of gapless playback. If this is an issue at all mainly depends on the program material you're listening to.

Last edited:
But what is the technical difference between Chromecast and the (not yet existing) "Qobuz Connect"?

How to discuss something which does not exist yet?
Qobuz Connect will probably work similar way to other "connect" solutions like Tidal or Spotify. So it will be pretty similar to Chromecast too.

But what is the technical difference between Chromecast and the (not yet existing) "Qobuz Connect"?
They’re all pretty similar I guess other than ChromeCast opening up their protocol for others to use in Google’s attempt to infiltrate or become universal. You could view streaming companies developing their own casting protocol as a response to that so they don’t rely on another company for the delivery of their service, plus they can independently add features like gapless playback or any other unique feature without having to rely on Google enhancing CC.

If Qobuz Connect works well, you should be able to play 24/192 from your native app without gaps. But if I look at the example of Amazon music, I don't think it's easy.

Qobuz was supposed to be released in my country last December, but it's February and it's still not coming. And Spotify Supremium isn't coming either. So I gave up expecting anymore.😭😂

And Spotify Supremium isn't coming either.
Right now I doubt it ever will.

Spotify Connect really seems to be very mature and stable. I can't remember having a single issue using it.

But well, it's Spotify. Lossy quality, only (so far). No seamless integration with the WiiM Home App. Many attempts to make the native app even more confusing ("shorts" style cards on the home page, this has been canceled, luckily) and less useful (removal of sleep timer when using Connect, this has persist). Bad reputation for exploiting artists.

But the family plan is still relatively affordable, even after the latest price rises. Plus: Spotify Connect working really well. :p

The wiim Home application gives me satisfactory use. It is true that aesthetically it is bad and uncomfortable for searching. But to play a specific record (like you do when you listen to vinyl) it is perfect. I listen to it with Qobuz and very well

For streaming I use the JPlay app for IOS. Touch of Roon feeling without a core running. Bit more information at one place and very convenient. If wanted full size booklet on the iPad display. You can have that in WiiM app too but there it is a bit hidden and smaller. The integration offers the functionality from both Tidal and Qobuz, my chosen services. Its not free but inexpensive.

If you want to favorite a playlist in Qobuz in WHA and you press subscribe the message displayed has incorrect grammar … it displays “ 1980s has been subscription” . Watch these mistakes … @WiiM Support

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
It is true that aesthetically it is bad and uncomfortable for searching.
Aesthetically bad? Looks like I'm really easy to please. :oops:

Uncomfortable for searching? What's uncomfortable about one app searching all your sources in one go? :rolleyes:

You must be an iPhone user, right?

I've been trying out Qobuz since this afternoon. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Does anyone know what the "E" means for some albums? I can't figure it out.
IMG_0045.jpeg

Back