Audio refuses to sync on digital or analog out to amplifier during movies.

corthirteenth94

Hi everyone,

I have a WiiM pro and I'm really enjoying it for music. However occasionally my family and I like to watch movies on our projector.

We typically used to feed the audio from the projector into a Bluetooth receiver, input it to the amp, and then out to the speakers. No problems.

Ever since we've gotten the WiiM, however, every movie has been out of audio sync. Typically it drifts and gets worse and worse until we have to turn the movie off. We've tried digital vs analog, optical versus coax, manual and automatic syncing in the WiiM menu, and nothing works.

I was hoping to have this all in one wonder box cover all our needs, but it's looking like I'll have to setup a separate BT single just to watch movies.

We have confirmed with the audio coming out of the projector on its own speaker it is synced just fine. It's clearly the WiiM + Bluetooth connection.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: The project model is a Jifar H6 projector and we've been very happy with it.

Hi everyone,

I have a WiiM pro and I'm really enjoying it for music. However occasionally my family and I like to watch movies on our projector.

We typically used to feed the audio from the projector into a Bluetooth receiver, input it to the amp, and then out to the speakers. No problems.

Ever since we've gotten the WiiM, however, every movie has been out of audio sync. Typically it drifts and gets worse and worse until we have to turn the movie off. We've tried digital vs analog, optical versus coax, manual and automatic syncing in the WiiM menu, and nothing works.

I was hoping to have this all in one wonder box cover all our needs, but it's looking like I'll have to setup a separate BT single just to watch movies.

We have confirmed with the audio coming out of the projector on its own speaker it is synced just fine. It's clearly the WiiM + Bluetooth connection.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: The project model is a Jifar H6 projector and we've been very happy with it.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bluetooth latency can be synced with the WiiM. You can either connect a Bluetooth device compatible with Apt-X LL to the optical digital input (or analog input) of the WiiM, or you can connect the projector, WiiM, and amplifier all with a cable.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bluetooth latency can be synced with the WiiM. You can either connect a Bluetooth device compatible with Apt-X LL to the optical digital input (or analog input) of the WiiM, or you can connect the projector, WiiM, and amplifier all with a cable.
That IS unfortunate! I wonder why the cheapie little Bluetooth dongles don't suffer from this problem? We had a BluDento prior and no complaints.

That IS unfortunate! I wonder why the cheapie little Bluetooth dongles don't suffer from this problem? We had a BluDento prior and no complaints.
Did your BluDento support Apt-X?

The WiiM's Bluetooth codec is SBC only. In general, Apt-X has lower latency than SBC.

Also, as we've reported in other threads, the WiiM's Bluetooth can have high latency (which may be due to the built-in antenna). There is a possibility that it can be improved by placing the WiiM as close to the projector as possible. Also, if you are using WiiM with Wi-Fi, you can try fixing it to 5GHz or connecting it with a network cable. However, I think both proposals have limited effect.

If your amp has Airplay, you can also try WiiM's Airplay transmission. However, Airplay seems to have delays as well.

Did your BluDento support Apt-X?

The WiiM's Bluetooth codec is SBC only. In general, Apt-X has lower latency than SBC.

Also, as we've reported in other threads, the WiiM's Bluetooth can have high latency (which may be due to the built-in antenna). There is a possibility that it can be improved by placing the WiiM as close to the projector as possible. Also, if you are using WiiM with Wi-Fi, you can try fixing it to 5GHz or connecting it with a network cable. However, I think both proposals have limited effect.

Yes the BluDento supported AptX as well as LDAC. Not sure what codec the projector supports. Does the WiiM really only support SBC??

Back