Auto sensing of optical input not working with 4.8.520133

MrChips

Auto-sensing used to work but updated to firmware 4.8.520133 and now it doesn’t work. If the Wiim Pro is streaming music from Chromecast and I stop casting - disconnect from the Wiim pro via Chromecast app - then after the wiim pro goes into standby it should auto sense the active optical input and switch from Wi-Fi to optical input which it doesn’t. Wiim pro has optical auto sensing enabled and standby time set to 30 secs. I’ve tried power cycling the Pro. The led does appear to dim after 30 seconds indicating the Pro is in standby mode but no auto sensing waking it up and switching input to optical input.

Last edited:
Auto-sensing used to work but updated to firmware 4.8.520133 and now it doesn’t work. If the Wiim Pro is streaming music from Chromecast and I stop casting - disconnect from the Wiim pro via Chromecast app - then after the wiim pro goes into standby it should auto sense the active optical input and switch from Wi-Fi to optical input which it doesn’t. Wiim pro has optical auto sensing enabled and standby time set to 30 secs. I’ve tried power cycling the Pro. The led does appear to dim after 30 seconds indicating the Pro is in standby mode but no auto sensing waking it up and switching input to optical input.
Did you open a trouble ticket via your WiiM Home app?

I have just checked and it is working on my Pro with that firmware! Have you tried rebooting the Pro?

I have just checked and it is working on my Pro with that firmware! Have you tried rebooting the Pro?
Yes tried reboot and power cycle. I tried again last night. If I manually change to another input in the app other than optical it then switched back to optical as intended after going into standby. As soon as I cast from Chromecast, disconnected from Chromecast, the pro goes into standby and never wakes up again for the active optical input.

Yes tried reboot and power cycle. I tried again last night. If I manually change to another input in the app other than optical it then switched back to optical as intended after going into standby. As soon as I cast from Chromecast, disconnected from Chromecast, the pro goes into standby and never wakes up again for the active optical input.
I played a CD into the optical input then cast BBC Sounds. When I stop casting it does not switch back to the CD, but switching the CD off and on a few times did wake up the Pro. Something seems to have changed.

Hi my optical auto sensing works too well and it switches over even when I’m listening to music over Ethernet already.

So if I turn the telly on to see what coming up later - it turns my music off :(

I thought it was meant to only auto switch when idle - anyone experience this?

Thanks
Jamie :)

Back