Auto Sensing and Auto Standby

DRC

Major Contributor
I have enable Auto Sensing and Auto Standby (after 30 secs) on my Wiim Pro and connected my Sony A80J TV to the optical input on the Wiim Pro. If the Wiim Pro is in standby and I switch on the TV then the Wiim Pro switches comes out of standby (after a bit of a delay) as expected with the LED being bright green. However, when I switch off the TV the Wiim Pro does not go back into standby after 30 seconds (not even after 30 minutes or 30 hours). This is not as expected, and not how Auto Standby should work. This is not how my Denon CEOL N11 mini hifi works as it switches off (after 20 minutes) after I switch off the TV.
Before anyone makes the point that the Wiim Pro does not use much power, note that if the Wiim Pro does not go into standby then it may prevent other equipment going into standby such as an amplifier. Also, if the Wiim Pro is not in standby overnight then I do not think that it will update the firmware overnight.
When I had a Bluesound Node, it would go into standby when the TV was switched off but the optical output remained on so the Denon CEOL N11 would not go into standby, which is why I returned it!
Surely, Wiim can get the Auto Standby on the Pro to work correctly.

The white led will remain lit even after standby. It just dim when on standby and bright white when it’s on. As long it’s sense signal on optical, it will remain lit.

I know that the LED will dim in standby that is how I know that it is not going into standby. The point is that it does not go into standby and the LED remains bright green (not white). I have just checked and there is no optical signal from the TV.

Send wiim email via wiim app so they can look at your log.
Thanks, but is your comment based upon the actual behaviour of your Wiim Pro or is it conjecture about how you think the Wiim Pro should behave? In a recent post Wiim Support said "Currently, the device doesn't detect the idle state for the optical input (a known issue we'll fix by end of Feb.)." Obviously, it is now March so has this been fixed?
Wiim Support Post

I have enable Auto Sensing and Auto Standby (after 30 secs) on my Wiim Pro and connected my Sony A80J TV to the optical input on the Wiim Pro. If the Wiim Pro is in standby and I switch on the TV then the Wiim Pro switches comes out of standby (after a bit of a delay) as expected with the LED being bright green. However, when I switch off the TV the Wiim Pro does not go back into standby after 30 seconds (not even after 30 minutes or 30 hours). This is not as expected, and not how Auto Standby should work. This is not how my Denon CEOL N11 mini hifi works as it switches off (after 20 minutes) after I switch off the TV.
Before anyone makes the point that the Wiim Pro does not use much power, note that if the Wiim Pro does not go into standby then it may prevent other equipment going into standby such as an amplifier. Also, if the Wiim Pro is not in standby overnight then I do not think that it will update the firmware overnight.
When I had a Bluesound Node, it would go into standby when the TV was switched off but the optical output remained on so the Denon CEOL N11 would not go into standby, which is why I returned it!
Surely, Wiim can get the Auto Standby on the Pro to work correctly.
Exactly the same problem for me. Really annoying... Waiting for news from Wiim

Reactions: DRC
I have the same problem, WiiM Pro doesn't seem to go back to standby once the toslink input is switched off.

I have a different setup now, but I think that this issue was solved by a firmware update months ago. Have you checked the Standby Mode setting? Also, the only sign that the Wiim Pro is in standby is that the LED is slightly dimmer.

Sorry for the confusion, it seems to be working fine, the LED does get dimmer, just stays green ( but that indicates the input selected ).

Last edited:
Back