BALANCE CONTROL?

As long as it doesn’t affect the bitrate output it be a nice option to have.

If it’s done on digital domain it may affect it but on analog out it wont. There some situation where one channel is louder due to placement and the stereo image doesn’t sound right and this features will help.

This is the best way to balance a scale by ear...

even if an accessory can therefore be useful...

I think.. balance and mono, not mono and balance ;-)

when I see the expectations of some....😳 it's finally functions can be modest mono balance.. but easy to integrate (?) even in the modest mini..
(we could also add a phase inversion :p ..... and fix the eq drc etc :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't understand why I should listen to HD/UHD music in mono:unsure: 😖. It is also true that all tastes are tastes.
Coming to balance, is it really useful? I have the Mini connected to an external DAC (Topping D50s) and this to my HiFi amplifier.
I can easily intervene on the balance by acting on the amplifier controls.

Frankly, I don't understand why I should listen to HD/UHD music in mono:unsure: 😖. It is also true that all tastes are tastes.
Coming to balance, is it really useful? I have the Mini connected to an external DAC (Topping D50s) and this to my HiFi amplifier.
Not all amps have balance (or tone) controls.
Mono - maybe to a single speaker, so both channels are heard.

okay..
we'll say it's as gadget as ultrahd if you want

;-)

and I was talking mainly with the use of the modest analog output .. for a fairly modest use
etc

Like he said why would someone would listen to mono from UHD? I think peq just like geq will be done on digital so it will not be bit perfect.

the mono function remains useful in any case ...
adjust a balance.. compare speakers..speaker position etc
it is a function that has disappeared from many amplifiers...
my point is not for me...,
for my part I am lucky to have it ( and hdg balance) on my preamp and I see its interest....
;-)
but hey this function shouldn't bother you too much... you won't use it
just a clic

(my remarks came from the fact that I was able to observe a significant imbalance, more than on a simple chromecast, on the analog output of my wiim..
okay?
;-) )

who knows...maybe one day it will be useful to you

Last edited:
With my setup, speaker placement is less than ideal. A little balance tweak fixes the stereo imaging perfectly. Since my amp doesn't have a physical balance control, a software balance slider on the EQ page or somewhere would be awesome.

I apologize if I created confusion. I have my own philosophy about listening to music, i.e. :
Never alter tracks on an album. This involves :
I don't use balance, in my HiFi pre-amp the balance is always at 0
Eventually the speakers have to be repositioned in the environment, do not intervene on the balance.
No use of tone controls. Always in my pre-amp they are always at 0. Not only that, since my pre (Pioneer Reference Pre Amplifier) offers me the possibility, with a button I completely excluded the tone control circuitry. Less noise and induced interference.
On the other hand, if a song has a certain amount of bass or treble, why do I have to modify it arbitrarily? I alter what the original song is and I don't like it.
Of course, everyone has their own ideas

I apologize if I created confusion. I have my own philosophy about listening to music, i.e. :
Never alter tracks on an album. This involves :
I don't use balance, in my HiFi pre-amp the balance is always at 0
Eventually the speakers have to be repositioned in the environment, do not intervene on the balance.
No use of tone controls. Always in my pre-amp they are always at 0. Not only that, since my pre (Pioneer Reference Pre Amplifier) offers me the possibility, with a button I completely excluded the tone control circuitry. Less noise and induced interference.
On the other hand, if a song has a certain amount of bass or treble, why do I have to modify it arbitrarily? I alter what the original song is and I don't like it.
Of course, everyone has their own ideas
I don’t EQ either, I do tube roll to find tubes that help with tone issues. I’m also a big believer in finding the right eartips. With the mest indigo tips make a huge difference is sound quality. To a lesser extent even cables can make an improvement to the sound.

Reason I would like balance is due to my left ear that hears volume around 2 decibels lower than right.

My voice also gets the balance function. I don't like switching to Bluetooth to have this function in connection with my active speakers.

I’d also like to add my vote to this. I’m not an audiophile but I’m currently having to run my WiiM through a DSP just to get my outdoor speakers levelled. There’s no balance control on my amp which is just a cheap Topping. If this feature was available I’d be buying a WiiM amp on the first day!

I’d also like to add my vote to this. I’m not an audiophile but I’m currently having to run my WiiM through a DSP just to get my outdoor speakers levelled. There’s no balance control on my amp which is just a cheap Topping. If this feature was available I’d be buying a WiiM amp on the first day!
The support team said they plan to add Balance Control to all WiiM devices. You don't have to vote anymore. 😉

Back