BBC stream quality

tdk-90

Hi, does anyone know if the BBC Radio option under Music Services in the Wiim app uses the 320 kbps HLS streams, where available?

I'm aware that I can use BBC Sounds to Chromecast these but I would rather use the native options so I can set a preset and view the logo etc in the app and hopefully at some point meta data such as Now Playing info. Id prefer this also over using an Open Network Stream link too ideally.

Thanks

I would also be interested to know the answer to this one! And thanks for reminding me that it's possible to Chromecast from the Sounds app.

I think I read that since the BBC moved its streams from the Shoutcast platform to HLS/Dash last year, it's only Radio 3 that still maintains a 320 kbps option. I've not managed to find out how I can access it, however, or whether it's available via WiiM. Anybody know?

(As a side note, does it make any difference to sound quality whether I listen by Chromecasting from the Sounds app to WiiM, or natively via the WiiM app?)

There is a superb BBC Sounds plugin available for LMS which gives you 320kbps streams and (almost) everything you can get in the official BBC app.
The Pro, Pro Plus, and Amp (and presumably Ultra) all contain built in Squeezelite players for LMS.

I would also be interested to know the answer to this one! And thanks for reminding me that it's possible to Chromecast from the Sounds app.

I think I read that since the BBC moved its streams from the Shoutcast platform to HLS/Dash last year, it's only Radio 3 that still maintains a 320 kbps option. I've not managed to find out how I can access it, however, or whether it's available via WiiM. Anybody know?

(As a side note, does it make any difference to sound quality whether I listen by Chromecasting from the Sounds app to WiiM, or natively via the WiiM app?)
The updated BBC URLs can be found in the link in this thread - enter the ones you want under Open Network Stream

Thread 'List of radio station URLs'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/list-of-radio-station-urls.1518/

Back