Beginning of playback cut off using optical Connection to Anthem MRX

MDC

Hello! I just set up a new WiiM mini, connected my Anthem MRX 540 through optical, and have run into an issue: whenever I start playing an album, whether on streaming or from my NAS, the first 1-2 seconds are silent, so I miss that audio. After that point, the stream is perfect (no issues with gapless playback, etc.). It's like it takes the Anthem a second or two to realize there is a signal. When I tried using the analog out, it worked fine.

Do you all have any insight on whether this would be an issue on the Anthem or WiiM side, and any recommendations? Would trying a WiiM pro with coax help?
Thanks a ton!

Other than this issue, the WiiM is great so far!

I do, yes. I see the same behavior when I skip tracks, play a track individually, or (often) if I skip to a different place in the same track. I believe it's every time the Anthem registers "no signal" as an input.

Similar issues mentioned elsewhere in this forum such as here
and also if you do a search for "fade" you'll see references to missing the beginning of songs.
Don't recall readng of anyone with 1-2 second issues before!

You don't mention what you're streaming or how, but are you using the wiim app? Maybe try a different app just in case that helps at all.
Might do nothing, but worth a shot!

Edit - have you got anything else with optical in to try?

Back