Bit Perfect Streaming with powered speakers plugged direct into line out

Mountainpics

My powered KRK monitors (speakers) are plugged directly into the RCA line outs on the back of the Wiim Pro Plus. I’m streaming music from my iPhone 15 Pro Max via wifi using the Wiim Home app and Qobuz within that app. I just want to confirm the when I play high res songs (24 bit / 192k) from Qobuz (directly out of the Wiim with no other DAC or preamp/amp etc) the sound I’m hearing is the bit perfect file that is shown in the Wiim/Qobuz interface. Does the fact that the output is RCA line out interfere with that or since the Wiim Pro Plus is acting as my DAC, is what I’m hearing is the high res file?

It should send the full res audio into the internal DAC. What happens after that depends on how good the DAC is and how it's designed to operate I guess?

Bit perfect is a term for a digital stream, so it doesn’t make any sense to use that to describe an analog output stream. The quality of that stream is related to the DAC and its output stages.

Bit perfect is a term for a digital stream, so it doesn’t make any sense to use that to describe an analog output stream. The quality of that stream is related to the DAC and its output stages.
I get that…just trying to make sure that what is being output to the analog line outs is the highest resolution possible and the resolution that is showing in the Qobuz app within the Wiim app.

I get that…just trying to make sure that what is being output to the analog line outs is the highest resolution possible and the resolution that is showing in the Qobuz app within the Wiim app.
Again, analog doesn’t have a resolution. Rest assured the DAC is processing what it shows on the WiiM app

Again, analog doesn’t have a resolution. Rest assured the DAC is processing what it shows on the WiiM app
I am obviously not wording this correctly. But yes, that is all I wanted to know. The owners manual is a bit confusing because it mentions that the only way you’ll get high resolution output is if you use the coax or SPDIF outputs, but I assume that means if you’re using a secondary DAC or preamp with DAC, not if your final destination after it processes in the Wiim is the actual speakers

Bad marketing. Resolution is only relevant to the digital file/stream and the DAC that handles them. The DAC converts digital to analogue. BIt perfect is just the transfer of data from a source e.g Qobuz to the internal DAC in the Wiim Pro or an external DAC via optical or coaxial output. Unless you apply the Wiims DSP features, by using its digital volume or its EQ features then its bit perfect.

Back