Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve
Are you in an apartment building? Are you or neighbors using older WiFi (2.4 GHz)?

Bluetooth uses UHF radio waves in the ISM bands, from 2.402 GHz to 2.48 GHz. So, WiFi, microwaves and other emitters can interfere with Bluetooth since it's a very low power emitter intended to go up to 10 metres / 30 feet and anything with higher power will stomp on the Bluetooth signal.

Workaround for bad RF (radio frequency) is often to use wired connections which isn't always idea. Or you could move :)

Are you in an apartment building? Are you or neighbors using older WiFi (2.4 GHz)?

Bluetooth uses UHF radio waves in the ISM bands, from 2.402 GHz to 2.48 GHz. So, WiFi, microwaves and other emitters can interfere with Bluetooth since it's a very low power emitter intended to go up to 10 metres / 30 feet and anything with higher power will stomp on the Bluetooth signal.

Workaround for bad RF (radio frequency) is often to use wired connections which isn't always idea. Or you could move :)

I can tell right away that you didn't bother to go through 9 pages of this thread and just wanted to post something..

I can tell right away that you didn't bother to go through 9 pages of this thread and just wanted to post something..
Now 10 pages...lol. So, he seems to have some Bluetooth frame buffering issues. Getting two hardware devices with differing buffering strategies to align can be challenging for a developer. Similarly, there could be some hardware erroring that's occurring which needs hands-on both devices to verify. Jitter and frame drops are pretty uncommon in most hardware because there are only a handful of Bluetooth chipsets and there are industry standardization tests required for the BT certification.

Just go through the thread first and then voice your opinion instead of jumping with your conclusions. You unfortunately are not a I-know-everything person.

So a little update on my end. I just had a chance to test my A800 headset with quite new Yamaha R-N800A and they are having the same issue.

It seems like the headset works fine with mobile phone and for example LG OLED TV (C3 model if I remember correctly), but not with the true audio devices....

Back