Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Hope there will be a solution for you.
Did you try to disconnect, connecting again?
Just try a couple of times you never now..
Till you hear the double bleeping sound.
Hopefully something will work out for you..

With the amp all went well yesterday..
Als I said my Daliio6 was still in the BT list .
I just had to Power on my tv and BT headphone..
The confirmation sound came on ( double bleeping sound)and i immediately had connection again.
Listened for hours without troubles.
If the BT connection is stable it will stay that way.

Sound is very good over BT when watching movies selected movie EQ... 🙂

Last edited:
Update.
Im listening for days now on my amp to tv, Netflix ( HDMI arc).
Every night my BT headphones gets automatically connected when i power on the amp and Daliio6.
Super clean sound..in stead of the BT of the TV I always use the BT connection of the amp.
No issues whatsoever..

Powering on the TV, amp powers itself on and I can control the volume with the remote of the TV.
Very pleased.

Last edited:
It's even worse for me it seems after update. Instead of every 3 seconds it's every 1.5 second or so.

EDIT:
Turning off "MQA Beta" did help a little bit, but the distortion is still there.

EDIT2:
After device restart it once again stutters constantly. Unusable with my Technics A800...

Last edited:
It's even worse for me it seems after update. Instead of every 3 seconds it's every 1.5 second or so.

EDIT:
Turning off "MQA Beta" did help a little bit, but the distortion is still there.

EDIT2:
After device restart it once again stutters constantly. Unusable with my Technics A800...
In that case, raise another ticket ASAP after it happens so WiiM can attempt to diagnose further

In that case, raise another ticket ASAP after it happens so WiiM can attempt to diagnose further
Submitted but even reporting is not working as it should as it replaced my ticket title with my personal email. Also it's impossible to reply to previous ticket due to the fact it requires chosing issue type which is non-editable field..

Submitted but even reporting is not working as it should as it replaced my ticket title with my personal email. Also it's impossible to reply to previous ticket due to the fact it requires chosing issue type which is non-editable field..
Best just raising a new ticket and perhaps refer to the old one in the body of the text

I was very pretty happy when my Pro upgraded to the latest FW and music played without stutter straight out of the gate. Then, a few minutes in there was a stutter and things recovered. After that it has gotten progressively worse and the stutter is back although I have not had the trilling. When I get time this evening I will try again and submit a report but I have to be honest and say that my patience is fast running out. I have turned the 2.4Ghz connection in my router back on as I was suffering with Wi-Fi connectivity issues around the house, and having it turned off didn't help resolve the BT issue with WiiM anyway. Whilst I understand that, in theory, interference can occur, I really find it hard to believe that new devices need 2.4 turned off to work properly, when older devices seem to cohabitate quite nicely together. I do appreciate advise given and really do want to see this working product. The WiiM concept is fantastic.

Steve

They did rollback of my WiiM to previous firmware somehow. Of course the issue is like it used to be - stuttering every 3-4 seconds for period of 1 second.

They did rollback of my WiiM to previous firmware somehow. Of course the issue is like it used to be - stuttering every 3-4 seconds for period of 1 second.
Apparently they have rolled back my FW as well. I will check it out when I get home but I think the updated FW experience was better than the previous - it was still not really usable as you have to keep pausing to cure the stuttering. I could certainly not showcase it to anyone else in its current state.

Steve

I have bad Bluetooth stutter with WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro via Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones. I’ve submitted a ticket too but have not yet had a response.
Hi Kpyhifi,

I apologize for any inconvenience. Could you please provide your ticket number? This will allow our team to follow up on your issue quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Back