Can WiiM Pro unfold the MQA to 24/192 maximal?

hjianhao

Now WiiM support MQA,but only unfold to 88.2/96 khz,it's possible for wiim pro to unfold to 176.4/192 khz like other DAC that support MQA?

Now WiiM support MQA,but only unfold to 88.2/96 khz,it's possible for wiim pro to unfold to 176.4/192 khz like other DAC that support MQA?
The first unfold was done by mqa core on the software side, you need a renderer mqa dac to complete the unfold. If you want true mqa you need hardware that can do both decoder and renderer like smsl do200 that can do both usb and spdif.

The first unfold was done by mqa core on the software side, you need a renderer mqa dac to complete the unfold. If you want true mqa you need hardware that can do both decoder and renderer like smsl do200 that can do both usb and spdif.
My DAC do not support MQA. If WiiM Pro can unfold to 24/192, that's great. Are there technical barriers to achieving this?

My DAC do not support MQA. If WiiM Pro can unfold to 24/192, that's great. Are there technical barriers to achieving this?
Turn on mqa core on wiim app and then choose no mqa. You need to use tidal connect to work.

I think Tidal 24/96 is currently the best you can get with Tidal. At least the best I can tell.

None mqa first unfold 96khz beyond that you need mqa dac. It’s nice to see high numbers but can your ear hear the difference?

None mqa first unfold 96khz beyond that you need mqa dac. It’s nice to see high numbers but can your ear hear the difference?
Honestly no I don’t think in a blind test I could. Guess just nice to see the bigger numbers and know i’m getting the highest bitrate that’s possible from my system.

Before high resolution became mainstream, I was curious how much better from CD, I listened on so many different high resolution but there was no WOW factor that I experienced in comparison when we had from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray.

Then my dac will change to mqa from pcm. I have both services and not even once I see mqa.
As mentioned in that ASR thread, the label 2L master all their albums in MQA. One mentioned was “Magnificat” by Anita Brevik - try that from both AMU and Qobuz and see if MQA is detected.

Back