Can Wiim Pro wake up my Denon h4800?

Mausee

Well subject says it all. can it be done if so please let me know... I usually use Wiim app en start playing but then I have to switch on the Denon receiver manually. Kindda odd right ;-) ?? Any help or no can do's are welcome.

Thanks!

Well subject says it all. can it be done if so please let me know... I usually use Wiim app en start playing but then I have to switch on the Denon receiver manually. Kindda odd right ;-) ?? Any help or no can do's are welcome.

Thanks!
Using the 12v trigger? That works OOTB on many downstream components, but the amount of current it pushes is a bit low for others. There are at least a couple of threads here discussing ways to address this. I don't have a link to one but they should be easy enough to find.

Using the 12v trigger? That works OOTB on many downstream components, but the amount of current it pushes is a bit low for others. There are at least a couple of threads here discussing ways to address this. I don't have a link to one but they should be easy enough to find.
Thanks, but 12v is only moving out from receiver. There is no 12v trigger in on the Denon side.

Thanks, but 12v is only moving out from receiver. There is no 12v trigger in on the Denon side.
Which is why the Denon cannot be told by another device to turn on or off using one of the trigger jacks on the back of the Denon.

Since the Denon has an IR control input, you could probably hack something together where the WiiM tells some device to send an IR signal to the Denon to turn on or off. As an alternative, you might be able to also use the RS-232C port to tell the Denon to turn on/off.

Me I would just pick up the Denon remote and hit the on button. If you wanted something easier, you could get a big button remote and program the on/off button to control the Denon.

Not great choices but that is what you have to work with as I see it.

Back