Having zero luck setting up my Wiim Pro

SDF71

I went through the set up and connected the Wiim Pro to my Amazon account. Cannot get any stream music to play through any of the echo devices, let along whole house.

I then connected my turntable (AT-PL120-->Schiit Mani 2--> Wiim Pro) and was able to here music from the turntable on only 1 specific Echo device, so I know it works.

Ideally I would like to play vinyl through the Wiim Pro to all Echo devices in the house. For the life of me I can figure out the setup.

I'm fairly tech saavy but I'm stumped. Any and All help/feedback appreciated!!

If he would replace with Sonos and a Port as entry he would have a solution. Its the only multiroom with a turntable as source which I saw working without any problems. But I fear this doesn't belong to this forum, sorry ;)

Yeah, that (and the old Sonos Connect iirc) would do it for Sonos speakers. If WiiM could implement it for echos, that would be another world beater - you could then play a turntable or similar, or local music from your upnp/dlna server, or even streaming services that echos don’t natively support to a bunch of inexpensive echo speakers.

WiiM should perhaps have a chat with their Amazon buddies to see if the Alexa MRM stack has the code that the echo link exploits ;)

You have to use a tt with inbuilt pre or a tt and an external pre to connect to RCA of the WiiM.
Or you may use one of the very rare (the only one I had once hands on was a TEAC DN570) tt with an internal ADC to use the spdif in of the WiiM. There are a lot of tt with USB out, but...
.....or you can use the Parks Audio Puffin digital phono stage with optical out, as I am doing ;)

Back