Can't connect to wi-fi and can't factory reset

wickedlemon

So I've owned this thing about a week now. Today it's constantly blinking green/white so it's not connecting to the network. I've tried holding the play button for 10 seconds to factory reset it, but it does nothing. The app is unable to connect.

While I'm sorting out my return with Amazon does anyone have any suggestions to try before I give up? Is there a trick I don't know about or did I just get a duff one?

You sure it's close enough to the WiFi point .... I recently setup 2 new WiiM Pros, one connected from a reasonable distance, the other just wouldn't connect (thought I had a faulty unit) until I moved it right next to the access point ... after doing the setpup I've been able to take it and plug it in further away.
Hold the reset button for more like 20 seconds just to make sure.

Check you've got bluetooth and location services enabled on the device you're using for setup.

Check you haven't got it registered on Amazon Alexa and deregister if you have.

I don't know what caused it but one of my mini's, I changed the name, at some stage the old name appeared in the WiiM App and asked me if I wanted to forget this device and it hasn't happened since .... maybe it's confused seeeing it as still connected.

Back