Considering about WIIM AMP or WIIM Mini

Forcio

Hi,

I want to change something in my old set in bedroom. Right now I am using old Stereo set Sony MX700ni (spekers: SS-CMX750- RMS 50W, 6 Ohm).
I don't want to change completely everything, only small upgrade so far.
So I am considering, totally reject with main Sony unit and buy WIIM AMP conncected to Sony's collumns or just buy WIIM mini. Sony unit has jack AUX IN only.
What are you suggest to do?

Thanks for help

What i would do..sell the Sony buy the wiim amp.

Then a a sub to the system later..
That's my opinion.

What is it that you don't like with your current setup in your bedroom?
Missing the streaming transport?
Do you plan to scale up sonically? Ie speaker upgrade, add sub, etc?

Exactly, streaming is the main reason to think about change something.
The most of the time I am listening the music in the living room. Bedroom is extra only.
Untill Sony's speakers stop work I don't planning to change them but if they can play better with WIIM amp I can buy iy, especially it smaller so it will fit better in the bedroom :p

Personally I would go for the amp.
The sound is very good in my opinion. You can tweak it t you're liking if you may with the EQ,s.
I have t practice with them myself 😀👍
You have the tv,film possibilities..through hdmi arc.
And adding a subwoofer can make the sound even better. In my situation ( tested it yesterday) it really improved,opened the sound even more.
I could buy a second handed sub for a good price.

I did sell my Sony amplifier..only use the wiim amp now.
The Sony went real quick for a decent price.
Also had an bose 321 set ..i did watch movies with it( dvd, Netflix).
Did sell this also..went again for a good price .😀👍

Last edited:
Yesterday I thought about it B&W but first I decided to stay with Sony's speakers a while.

I think you can stay with the Sonys.
The B&W are great but i i had the Sonys I would stay with them .
Depends on what you're paying for some second handed b&w for instance.
I bought mine years ago new.
With the amp they really come out great..glad with them.
You can always upgrade later if you wanted.
I was really glad with the sub also.. really opend the sound even more.
I think with bookshelf speakers a sub is a real advantage over all..
Let's not forget with watching movies too but als with music!.
You can set it up through the app..its not difficult ( crossover,gain all within the wiim home app)
The sub emerges now with my b&w ..

I have the amp in a second room setup for multi-room, it's small enough to hide away and sounds decent, if the "flat" is a little lean. Unless you really love the sound signature of the sony, get the wiim amp.

You can always sell the sony to help with the price difference if the money is an issue

The B&W 601( series 3). Sub is a Polk audio PSW10.
Great sub for a good price..payed 70 Euro.

Ahh love those 601S3. Had 'em many years ago and miss 'em. There's a pair of 602s in the local ad. Trying to find a use case to buy 'em. Maybe I should just pick them up and think later. LOL! This post feels a bit deja vu. :unsure:

Ahh love those 601S3. Had 'em many years ago and miss 'em. There's a pair of 602s in the local ad. Trying to find a use case to buy 'em. Maybe I should just pick them up and think later. LOL! This post feels a bit deja vu. :unsure:
I know they sound great. With the amp they sound spectacular..many times listening to music i get goosebumps. Very clean sound.. instruments separation very good. The voices, instruments sound very natural.
If you can pick some b&w up ..i would do it.. second handed for a good price would be perfect.

Back