DAC experts

Hi everyone.
Here again to ask for advice and opinions. Currently fully satisfied with my WIIM PRO connected with RCA to amplifier.
Read on the net on several forums that by connecting it to an external DAC there would be a significant increase in the quality of the music.
This is true?? Or does the imagination do a lot?
If there really was a significant improvement, I thought of combining a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO DAC MAGIC 200 M. Does anyone know it? Is it a valid product? Thank you.

Known issue indeed due to the coax input electronic implementation. Cables with the impedance close to the reference 75 ohm work worse that cheaper ones.
Sorry, but my COAX is 75 Ohm and with Topping D50s+WiiM Pro it works like a beauty

1. Should the Line Out level to be set 1v or 2v in WiiM PRO, when connecting PM8006 ?
Try both and judge what sounds better for you/your amp - set the amp volume low at first however when you do try each option, then turn it up to listening level

Reactions: SiR
Unfortunately my amplifier has no headphones connection.
For this I want a DAC that also allows me to listen with headphones.
Didn’t realize Asgard didn’t come with optical either, but a Magni+ and Modi+ would work great for about $240 total. If you use tidal, no MQA. But that’s why there’s Qobuz.😁
I saw this TOPPING DX 3 PRO PLUS.
Could anyone who already has it tell me if to listen to music from headphones it is enough just to insert the jack into the input or is it necessary to change the device options every time from DAC to PREAMPL to HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER?
Thank you.
Hi…….. just purchased a SMSL C200 DAC/ Headphone amplifier to go with my my WiiM mini. It can be used in its pre amp, line out mode playing through my old Cambridge Azur 540A amplifier into Q Acoustics 3030i speakers or as a headphone amp. It also has excellent Bluetooth? I‘m very happy………take a look.

Back