Deezer

Grant

In the WIIM amp Deezer app, there's a section called Mixes under My Library. It"s empty.

In the Android Deezer App, I have a lot of 'Mixes inspired by' suggestions.

So what should appear in the WIIM Deezer app 'Mixes', or perhaps I should be asking "How do I get Mixes shown there?"

I came here to ask this same exact question. My “Mixes” page is also blank in the WiiM app.

This feature is important to me because Deezer Connect cannot connect directly to WiiM, so I am forced to control Deezer from within the WiiM app. Having access to the dynamic recommended playlists is a high value feature of the integration between Deezer and WiiM. It doesn’t appear to be functioning as expected at the moment. Would love to see this fixed.

The only way to play mixes currently is to stream the Deezer app on my phone to the WIIM amp.

Or let it play a long mix, then see what had been played and add every track to a Playlist (which WILL show on the WIIM Deezer app).

Neither is ideal.

I came here to ask this same exact question. My “Mixes” page is also blank in the WiiM app.

This feature is important to me because Deezer Connect cannot connect directly to WiiM, so I am forced to control Deezer from within the WiiM app. Having access to the dynamic recommended playlists is a high value feature of the integration between Deezer and WiiM. It doesn’t appear to be functioning as expected at the moment. Would love to see this fixed.
Deezer connect is nothing like spotify connect or tidal connect. It's not for connecting to a device, it's for controlling another instance of deezer.
If you don't have a mini you can chromecast to the wiim from the deezer app.

Apart from that is Deezer any good overall? My annual qobuz has finished and I'm fancying trying something else.
Thanks for any input.

Deezer is only CD quality, and as you see, doesn’t have a true Connect/cast mechanism. It might support ChromeCast or AirPlay though

Deezer is only CD quality, and as you see, doesn’t have a true Connect/cast mechanism. It might support ChromeCast or AirPlay though
I have Deezer Premium and it's FLAC 16 bit, 1411kbps.

It does support ChromeCast & AirPlay, and there is a Deezer Connect, but I've not used it & have no experience of any services' Connect options so can't say if it's different from the others.

I've gone from Spotify to Google Play Music to Deezer over the years, but other than playing music, downloading for offline play, creating playlists, using Mixes to play music similar to fave tracks & streaming via Chromecast to my main hifi (prior to buying the WIIM amp for my home office), my experience is limited.

If like me you're not completely seriously into hifi & concerned about Connect etc, I find it's fine. It runs on my phone. It runs on the WIIM amp. It runs on my iPad. I've never used it on my laptop. Then again, having never used many of the others (and Spotify only in its early days), my opinion isn't coming from wide experience!

I have Deezer Premium and it's FLAC 16 bit, 1411kbps.
Which is CD quality :)
It does support ChromeCast & AirPlay, and there is a Deezer Connect, but I've not used it & have no experience of any services' Connect options so can't say if it's different from the others.

It’s not a true Connect/cast as is understood by other services, Deezer Connect just provides remote control of the Deezer app running on another device. A ‘proper’ Connect mechanism hands off the stream from the cloud to the target device to the extent you can turn off the phone the Deezer app is on and the stream would still play.

I've gone from Spotify to Google Play Music to Deezer over the years, but other than playing music, downloading for offline play, creating playlists, using Mixes to play music similar to fave tracks & streaming via Chromecast to my main hifi (prior to buying the WIIM amp for my home office), my experience is limited.

If like me you're not completely seriously into hifi & concerned about Connect etc, I find it's fine. It runs on my phone. It runs on the WIIM amp. It runs on my iPad. I've never used it on my laptop. Then again, having never used many of the others (and Spotify only in its early days), my opinion isn't coming from wide experience!

Fair enough, horses for courses :)

No worries! Yours & others' info on Connect is helpful as it's likely an important consideration for others even if it isn't something affecting me.

Anyhow - still wondering if anyone know how you get something to appear in the Mixes section on the WIIM Deezer app?

No worries! Yours & others' info on Connect is helpful as it's likely an important consideration for others even if it isn't something affecting me.

Anyhow - still wondering if anyone know how you get something to appear in the Mixes section on the WIIM Deezer app?
You might need to ask WiiM directly about that by raising a ticket thru the settings/ feedback section in the WiiM home app

In case anyone else has the same question, here's the response from WIIM Supoort:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. At present, the Deezer app does not feature an option for mixing favorites. Consequently, favorite mixes within the WiiM Deezer interface appear as empty. We will improve it in the future.

Please bear with us as we work on enhancing your experience. Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated."

Back