Deezer HiFi Family Profile Select

paulzhere

Hi

I have a WiiM Pro. I am using Deezer HiFi Family subscription. However, I am not the main user (owner) of the account. Now, whenever I log into Deezer using the WiiM app, it takes me to the profile of the owner's account. I do not see any option to switch profiles. Is it possible to switch profiles using the WiiM app? If so how? If not, will this feature be implemented in the near future?

Thanks
Paul

I guess it depends on whether the Deezer API makes that available to third parties like WiiM. Drop WiiM a feature request ticket thru feedback and let us know what they say .

Hi,
What's up since October 31...?
No reply from the great feedback staff.😅
Have you submitted a ticket asking for this? This is a user community forum that WiiM support occasionally dip in and out of - if you have a support issue or a particular feature request, drop them a ticket.

The reply on my email can be seen below:

Dear Dick,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us.

We would like to let you know that we have taken note of your request regarding Deezer family. Rest assured, your suggestion will be carefully reviewed and considered for inclusion in our future version updates.

We appreciate your understanding and value your insights. If you have any other questions or need more help, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

The reply on my email can be seen below:

Dear Dick,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us.

We would like to let you know that we have taken note of your request regarding Deezer family. Rest assured, your suggestion will be carefully reviewed and considered for inclusion in our future version updates.

We appreciate your understanding and value your insights. If you have any other questions or need more help, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support
Pretty standard response from any software company I'd say. They have finite resources and will prioritise user requests based on how many users are asking for that feature, whether the current Deezer API supports such a feature and what development effort it needs to be implemented. If a lot of people have asked and it's feasible, then it'll take its place in the product development roadmap along with similarly rated requests.

Most services Qobuz and Tidal do limit family accounts to their own apps and it’s not available via the API to 3rd parties. They often have an api call limit per account/device. Sonos is the only 3rd party that seem to have been allowed to or have managed to get around it somehow.

Back