Default "start volume", input change Wiim Amp

hampisch

Hi!
Would be nice if it was possible to set what volume the device should have when it wakes up, and when a source is changed.

Really got scared when, for example, playing Spotify connect and switching to TV via ARC. Was terrified by the high volume when the source was changed.

I did and I do right now and I do prefer the default volume on wake up. It's even more of a good idea if several family members take turns using the same amp.

Assuming that this wake up volume is user configurable (as requested by OP) you wouldn't even loose anything. You would simply set the default to your preferred setting and that's it. The added bonus is that your amp will protect you from those instances where you had cranked up the volume the other night and forgot to reset it.
This seems to be a very sensible suggestion, in the fact that corresponds to my preferences, too :)

My understanding is that the per-source volume control is some kind of fixed preamplifier setting for each source, to compensate for different output levels of say a TV or other connected devices. Correct? I appreciate that this setting can be toggled on/off.

On the other hand, I see that now PEQ parameters are now by default individual per each source. This is very bad for me, I would very much like the user to have the option of a unique PEQ setting (my use case) or toggled per-source PEQ.

My understanding is that the per-source volume control is some kind of fixed preamplifier setting for each source, to compensate for different output levels of say a TV or other connected devices. Correct?
No, unfortunately this is not the case. The Amp will just remember the last volume setting for any given input, where input means "physical" input.E.g., all network streaming services or Internet radio stations share the same remembered volume.

On the other hand, I see that now PEQ parameters are now by default individual per each source. This is very bad for me, I would very much like the user to have the option of a unique PEQ setting (my use case) or toggled per-source PEQ.
You can save multiple PEQ settings and assign a name to each one. Next you can apply your saved default setting to each input. This is a one-time process, unless you specifically want to use a different settings with certain inputs. Pretty easy and straightforward.

Back