Default to home library?

jaguar237

Currently when I start the Wiim app, it takes about 5 screen taps to get into my Home Music flac album library.

Is there a way to set my home album library as a default view, or preset, or something to streamline getting into that view quicker?

Thank you !!

Thank you for the reply. I see that I can bookmark a specific album in the list of all the albums I have, but I would like to just bookmark the full album list itself. I don't see a way to set a bookmark for the album list.

Is that possible?

I think you can bookmark wherever you please as an entry point to your library.

Thank you for the reply. I see that I can bookmark a specific album in the list of all the albums I have, but I would like to just bookmark the full album list itself. I don't see a way to set a bookmark for the album list.

Is that possible?
You just need to bookmark the selection that leads to your album list.
That being said the shortcut is only available under 'Home Music Share > Bookmarks' so it might only save you 1 click - assuming the 5 clicks you mentioned includes navigating to the Home Music Share itself.

If your primary use case is for local playback you're probably better off using a different app such as BubbleUPnP/Hi-Fi Cast/mconnect and using the WiiM Home App just for configuration.

You could use LMS with the Material Skin plug in as your music server. Then when the music server is on your WiiM will see it and your home music will be displayed and controlled from the material skin shortcut saved on your phone.

Is that possible?
It might depend on your music server - I get varying options for bookmarks depending on which music server I use.

You just need to bookmark the selection that leads to your album list.
That being said the shortcut is only available under 'Home Music Share > Bookmarks' so it might only save you 1 click - assuming the 5 clicks you mentioned includes navigating to the Home Music Share itself.
I asked WiiM if they could bring Bookmarks on to the Browse page and they said it should be a relatively easy change so we might see that in the app at some point.

If your primary use case is for local playback you're probably better off using a different app such as BubbleUPnP/Hi-Fi Cast/mconnect and using the WiiM Home App just for configuration.
Agree - some see/want the Wiim app to be a universal app offering access to all their music services with a similar level of functionality of native apps. For various reasons, including the availability of native app casting, I don’t see that ever happening and personally take the approach of using the best client app for the service I’m using when playing to the WiiM device.

Back