delayed track start

Just a thought - does it still have a delay using the wiim's analog output?
(fyi, I'm using optical out.)
good question. I have 3 WiiM Pros and 1 mini. I just tested it on the mini which is connected analog to a boombox and it also missed part of the first note just like the Pros connected with optical.

I think this has been discussed here before, but I can't find the thread or resolution.

I recently upgraded my audio system, mostly due to the WiiM making it so easy to access my library.

I have been tuning my new system's crossovers and adjusting the parametric equalizer. It takes a lot of patients and applying and changing settings often to the same song.

One of the songs I use to tune is Emerson Lake and Palmer, album Trilogy, track From The Beginning. The initial acoustic guitar notes can sound bland, or warm and realistic. A great song on a good system.

Ironically, the WiiM Pro does NOT play the song from the beginning (ya C wat eye did dare?). I used the progress slider to start the song over and also used the previous and next track to start the song, but it always missed at least the first note, and just a bit more.

I also have the Hi-Fi Cast app that you can "cast" to devices. It also plays the same to the WiiM Pro, but when I cast just to my phone (on Hi-Fi Cast), it does not skip that first note.

I know the programmers have to make decisions on how to handle gapless play and other factors, but there has to be a way to play tracks in their entirety. Has this been addressed with a solution? Am I missing something or is this currently being worked on?

Thanks!
Hi Hollywood,

It seems to be due to the fade-in at the start of the track that is used to avoid the pop noise. We'll add the option to disable this fade-in and see if it works for you. Please stay tuned! Thank you!

Hi Hollywood,

It seems to be due to the fade-in at the start of the track that is used to avoid the pop noise. We'll add the option to disable this fade-in and see if it works for you. Please stay tuned! Thank you!
Thank You!

Hi Hollywood,

I have my fade in set to zero, but I did consider this might be a contributing factor and changed it to 200 and tested again before my reply earlier that I don't have this delay issue.

I have my fade in set to zero, but I did consider this might be a contributing factor and changed it to 200 and tested again before my reply earlier that I don't have this delay issue.
are you referring to a setting in the WiiM app? if so where is it?
thanks.

are you referring to a setting in the WiiM app? if so where is it?
thanks.
Hi Hollywood,

If the cut happens when your two tracks are in different sample rates or bit depths, you can adjust the Sample rate switch latency for Coax or optical output. You can access this by going to Device tab > Device setting wheel icon > Audio Output > Sample rate switch latency. Please start some big number (500 ms) then optimize this parameter further. Please let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Hi Hollywood,

If the cut happens when your two tracks are in different sample rates or bit depths, you can adjust the Sample rate switch latency for Coax or optical output. You can access this by going to Device tab > Device setting wheel icon > Audio Output > Sample rate switch latency. Please start some big number (500 ms) then optimize this parameter further. Please let us know if it works for you. Thank you!
was zero. tried 200, 800, 2000. & 3000. all pretty much the same results. I tried restarting the song with the slider pushed to the beginning, and pressed previous and next track to start it over.

it was worth a try as I didn't even know about the setting, but it didn't help.

Thanks!

was zero. tried 200, 800, 2000. & 3000. all pretty much the same results. I tried restarting the song with the slider pushed to the beginning, and pressed previous and next track to start it over.

it was worth a try as I didn't even know about the setting, but it didn't help.

Thanks!
Please send us a ticket from the WiiM Home App so we can investigate this further. Thank you!

Please send us a ticket from the WiiM Home App so we can investigate this further. Thank you!
I did, several days ago. I also put the ticket number in post 15 of this thread. Anyway, it is ticket number "#13050 wiim pro"
Thanks.

Good morning,
What i found out was when an album starts the first notes are missing but when it move to the next track it doesn't happen again, unless we press to jump to the Next track, this way the first notes are cut.

I just got a new sub this afternoon so I was testing it with my "go to" songs. Since I was critical listening, I was really noticing the delay. I also tried the song GrahamLayton mentioned, Rush>Tom Sawyer and yes, the WiiM cuts off the beginning note.

I don't know about LMS, but I assume you can cast to a WiiM. If it also cuts off the first note, can you test casting to another device too, even just the cell phone.

Thanks!
LMS is a server and there is a plugin that makes WiiM think it is an LMS player so all control is in LMS.

It plays "From The Beginning" from the beginning no issue.

Good morning,
What i found out was when an album starts the first notes are missing but when it move to the next track it doesn't happen again, unless we press to jump to the Next track, this way the first notes are cut.
Which is the issue I *used* to have...
I'm not on any special firmware version and have no fade in issues when starting any new song, no matter how I get there.
Lucky me, I suppose!

Good morning,
That's how it works, fade effects at the beginning of the stream.

1687853742255.png

Thanks. I asked our Eng. team to investigate this further. I appreciate your patience!
yes. yesterday I received a reply to my ticket:

"Thanks very much for reaching out to WiiM Support.
The issue is caused by the fade-in feature; we will add an option to turn it off next month, please stay tuned!"

Hopefully they come up with a fix that does not impact gapless play.
Thank you!

yes. yesterday I received a reply to my ticket:

"Thanks very much for reaching out to WiiM Support.
The issue is caused by the fade-in feature; we will add an option to turn it off next month, please stay tuned!"

Hopefully they come up with a fix that does not impact gapless play.
Thank you!
Hmmmm
That doesn't explain why I don't have this issue at all.

One of the songs I use to tune is Emerson Lake and Palmer, album Trilogy, track From The Beginning. The initial acoustic guitar notes can sound bland, or warm and realistic. A great song on a good system.
I never seen an official resolution, but I was looking at settings and under Audio Settings, Crossfade, I turned off that setting and that 1st note is no longer cut off.
I know the programmers have to make decisions on how to handle gapless play and other factors, but there has to be a way to play tracks in their entirety. Has this been addressed with a solution? Am I missing something or is this currently being worked on?
I was afraid a fix would mess up the gapless playback, but it didn't. My test was Be Bop Deluxe, Modern Music. The tracks Modern Music thru Modern Music (reprise), 6 tracks all blend to the next. On playing them last night, the transitions were flawless!

Thanks WiiM!

I never seen an official resolution, but I was looking at settings and under Audio Settings, Crossfade, I turned off that setting and that 1st note is no longer cut off.

I was afraid a fix would mess up the gapless playback, but it didn't. My test was Be Bop Deluxe, Modern Music. The tracks Modern Music thru Modern Music (reprise), 6 tracks all blend to the next. On playing them last night, the transitions were flawless!

Thanks WiiM!
Thanks for sharing this. This is the first time I’ve seen this switch and turning it off does indeed fix the fade in issue I’ve been having. Neil Peart’s bass drum rattles my rib cage again on the opening note of Tom Sawyer. Rejoice!

Back