DLNA function improvement

narinari2106

Hi,

I’m new for WiiM pro and here.
I would like to improve DLNA functionality as follows;

1) Store DLNA playlist inside WiiM
2) OpenHome implementation

I personally prefer to use DLNA iPhone app like fidata app but now I have a trouble about long playlist playback so I request 1).
And I also would like to use Lumin app but it’s not mandatory.

Wouldn’t you need Openhome compatibility before you used the Lumin app? The Lumin app only sees my Linn MDSM/4, but not other UPNP renderers on my network.

You might want to consider the use of Logitech Media Server and its UPNPBRIDGE plugin to see if that overcomes some of your issues.

You can use BubbleUPnP Server to proxy the WiiM to add the requested OpenHome functionality (which would address both requests).
Unfortunately this hasn't been as robust as with other renderers as on occasion the proxy disappears (need to follow up on this with bubbleguuum), but it seems to be stable if you leave the WiiM on, so would be worth trying.

I agree though that it would be better baked in.

Thanks for your reply both.
I can not setup LMS and Bubble UPnP server for my environment, so I requested OpenHome implementation.
But clearly it is not so high priority.

Unfortunately this hasn't been as robust as with other renderers
Agreed. OpenHome is very useful for managing/monitoring the queue from multiple devices (using e.g. BubbleUPnP), and the BubbleUPnP Server does make this functionality available to UPnP rendrers like WiiM, but it has its drawbacks, like needing to be restarted periodically. OpenHome native to the WiiM would solve that.

Back