EQ

Staresyj

Major Contributor
Hear me out (pun). I have banged on about this before but I am one to sweat my audio assets. I find the pre set EQ’s great for someone with 55 year old ears. I have a what many would call a good 2 channel system ( all Schiit with Wiim pro as the streamer and KEF Q150’s) Listen to Diana Krall (temptation) using the R&B preset over flat and see if it does anything for you? Also, try The Blower’s Daughter using the acoustic pre set, sounds good to me. And Take 5 with Jazz preset lifts the track with my cloth ears. #justsaying. All at low volume mind you, at 80 decibels I like no eq.

How do you like the Kef's?
Anything mastered by Rudy van Gelder is always a good test.

How do you like the Kef's?
Anything mastered by Rudy van Gelder is always a good test.
I found them to be a bit spritely at first at the high end, but, my ears and brain had I think adjusted and coupled with very little toe in and lots of soft furnishings I now enjoy them a lot. Easily fill my fairly large room. I am tempted to add a sub not so much for the extra bass, but the widening as I’ve read of the mid and upper ranges?

yes it's absolutely true...the equalization you set at 60db cannot be good even for the same musical genre listened to at 80db as the frequencies grow exponentially...for example +6db at 8khz listened to at low volume can become annoying at 80 db and this for the entire high range... in these cases the 4 eq adjustments that the app allows us to make become few if we consider the different sources listened to as well as the different musical genres both at low and high volume. in fact the many equalization presets that the app offers should be editable so that we can adapt everything to our listening room... what do you think, administrators? Is it a viable change?

Last edited:
However, the fact remains that the possibility of having a spectacular EQ for a streamer like Wiim....

Last edited:
Back