Fade effects

Thanks all. I will try setting up LMS in my windows 10 PC and experience it.
I have been pulling my hair out for the undesired fade in the past few weeks. The mini is such a fine product from sound quality and userability considerations.
Are you using the Bridge plugin? I cannot detect any fade in by human ear using it.

I am playing an album (Local 16/44.1 FLAC) that I know very very well and I can't detect it by listening. Nor do I detect anything if I force a sample rate change to say Qobuz 24/96. That said I am using the WiiM's as a source of mostly background music in my office.
You can believe me or not, but I can detect and capture much more details in this case with my instruments than you can detect with your ears.

I wish I cannot hear the fade in and be a happy man. I am relatively new to the forum and if there is a direct mail function I can share the 2 flac files for your listening and experiments.

I do not know that but I recognize other reports on such behavior also. I doubt that they were based on the content captured with instruments.
Are the reports relating to a general DLNA playback issue i.e. playback of any DLNA source via WHA?

My hearing is still quite good (for my age) and I truly cannot detect any fade in at all on any tracks when using the UPnP/DLNA Bridge. In this mode I am not using WHA at all. I don't have any <10 second tracks (I doubt many people do) so can't test that.

I wish I cannot hear the fade in and be a happy man. I am relatively new to the forum and if there is a direct mail function I can share the 2 flac files for your listening and experiments.
Do you have a dropbox or wetransfer account?

I accept that but why can @ninekit hear it when I can't.
In the real world there can't be many songs that start so abruptly (that aren't part of a gapless album), I had to create a test tone track to hear it. I added a break towards the beginning not knowing how much was missing.

Turn the volume down before playing and adjust as necessary.

Attachments

• TestTone.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
In the real world there can't be many songs that start so abruptly (that aren't part of a gapless album), I had to create a test tone track to hear it. I added a break towards the beginning not knowing how much was missing.

Turn the volume down before playing and adjust as necessary.
Nice example although bit too short for LMS, so I've used WHA.
Fade in:

1691491168519.png

Nice example although bit too short for LMS, so I've used WHA.
I tried it through LMS and I could hear both the build and the break, but maybe you mean it still doesn't contain the very early samples.

Last edited:
Sure, my apologies first for the inconvenience that this is in my native language. The tracks are on Spotify which I have a premium subscription and the fade in can also be heard. It is a technically gapless album with short intro clips between the main songs.
Track 11 is the main song with abrupt start.
If you play from track 10 (<40 second) then at the gapless transition you will hear track 11 started with a relatively speaking louder piano note. But if you choose to start with track 11, the starting note sound notably softer with the fade in.

Album name : 我的驕傲
Artist : Joey Yung
Year : 2003
Track 11 name : 我的驕傲
https://open.spotify.com/album/47QR46oFoA68uOfGumiDWR
I have same playback behavior for the CD ripped version served by foobar2000 UPnP server and control through WHA.

Thanks for your kind attentions.
Andy (my real name)

I tried it through LMS and I could hear both the build and the break, but maybe you mean it still doesn't contain the very early samples.
No, it's just less reliable in LMS with such short tracks IMO. And no gapless by default. Extended comparison with LMS/DLNA and LMS/Chromecast for fade-in:

1691492626215.png

Unfortunately I don't have Spotify anymore and that isn't on Qobuz.

Back