Fade in on track selection start

DjNotNot

I have noticed today that when I choose a track to play, the track fades in as it starts. Is there any way to disable this? I like for the tracks to fade out during pausing playback, but at the start of a track it can be annoying, as you miss the beginning of the song. Thanks.

Small workaround - chromecasted playback seemed to have a shorter fade-in effect.

I also noticed the fade in when a track starts on my wiim mini. Very annoying. This does not happen when I use airplay.

I just got the mini. Does anyone know if this "feature" has been around since the start, or is this a way of handling the popping/clicking problem?

Will this fade in problem be fixed?

Mission Control have a better chance of responding if you raise a ticket thru the feedback section in the wiim home app ;)
True, but we know they do read the forum (as they sometimes post), so I would expect they would spend the 10 mins a day it'd take to 'keep their finger on the pulse'.
I must admit, the fade in is one of those strangely annoying minor things, and it has got worse recently.
Perhaps I just need to let the music play (Shannon, anyone?) rather than keep skipping tracks.

Yeah, but as I’ve said here and elsewhere, this and other forums are largely for discourse not support and why I keep plugging submitting tickets. Plus it makes it easier for them to track issues if they’re recorded in their support system rather than buried in a thread somewhere :)

I also noticed the fade in when a track starts on my wiim mini. Very annoying. This does not happen when I use airplay.

I just got the mini. Does anyone know if this "feature" has been around since the start, or is this a way of handling the popping/clicking problem?

I only started noticing it recently. Been using the Wiim Mini for about a year.

Just heard from the Wiim team. The fade in (0,4 sec) is there to remove the pop noise. A future update will improve the fade in.

Let’s hope for the best.

Just heard from the Wiim team. The fade in (0,4 sec) is there to remove the pop noise. A future update will improve the fade in.

Let’s hope for the best.
That's what I suspected although I'm not sure if it's helpful when controllable delay for spdif port has been added and the unnecessary port switching when sample rate doesn't change, has been fixed.
It's also much shorter when chromecast is used.

Yes. This needs to be fixed.

Yes. This needs to be fixed.
Still there for you?
I notice that I no longer have this issue when skipping tracks (tidal connect).
For me, it started fairly recently (a month or so ago?) and has gone again in the last week or so.

I am having this issue too. I don’t see why they can’t just add a switchable setting to turn this off. It occurs for me using Alexa cast as well as playing Amazon Music through the native WiiM interface. It occurs both when I select a track and at the beginning of each sequential track of a playlist. Albums do not have this problem and gapless albums play nearly perfectly. It’s quite annoying.

My device was originally configured with this sample rate switch latency set to zero and I was experiencing the fade in effect at that time. I increased this latency setting to 80 ms for a bit and later even turned it up to 500 ms. The fade in was still occurring. Then after Frank (different thread) replied back, I switched it back to zero. The fade-in is now gone. Other possible reasons: one of my iOS devices had an old version of WIIM home installed; a version that did not show the sample rate switch latency setting at all. Also restarted the WiiM mini a few times at various stages of this. Thanks @Frank86 !!!

Back