Tracks fade-in, when setting is off

thomasriise

Pro Plus
Firmware: 4.8.537951
Build date: 20231207

I play via Airplay - when tracks start to play, the first 1-2 seconds are cut off and the tracks fade-in, which I don't want.
This does not happen with the same tracks on eg. bluetooth. Anyone knows a fix for this? Or a workaround? The setting for fade-in / fade-out is set to off.

I have tried different settings in output resolution, and also the latency settings...

Thanks

Pro Plus
Firmware: 4.8.537951
Build date: 20231207

I play via Airplay - when tracks start to play, the first 1-2 seconds are cut off and the tracks fade-in, which I don't want.
This does not happen with the same tracks on eg. bluetooth. Anyone knows a fix for this? Or a workaround? The setting for fade-in / fade-out is set to off.

I have tried different settings in output resolution, and also the latency settings...

Thanks
Best to open a ticket via the WiiM Home App.

I have the same problem. Fade-in / Fade-out does not get disabled when I switch it off in the Wiim App on both my Wiim devices.

My devices details:
Wiim Mini using Airplay 2. Output through mini stereo jack (Aux output) . Firmware 4.6.606643. Connected to lan through WiFi (5GHz).
Wiim Pro using Airplay 2. Output through Optical Out. Firmware 4.8.606344. Connected to LAN via wired Ethernet.

Streaming Audio with Airplay 2 from my iPhone 15 Pro.

Good news! I got this reply from the Wiim customer support team.

Dear Gianluca,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have identified the cause of the issue and are working diligently to resolve it as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated during this time. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

New member and new to the Wiim family, but resurrecting this thread since as of April (nearly 2 months since Wiim claims to have identified the root cause) this issue is still present and quite annoying. It's actually a dealbreaker for me since I mainly use AirPlay and find it jarring to have the first second or two of a song cut off every time you skip a track or start playing a new playlist/album. Anyone have any updates on this issue / if Wiim is going to provide a fix to properly disable fade-in? I did check the Wiim Amp Known Issues list and there doesn't seem to be anything similar to this on there. Appreciate any info anyone has!

It works correctly on my Wiim Pro. I have not tried the Wiim Mini yet, but I will later today.
I suggest toggling the fade-in/fade-out under the "Audio settings" menu, and if that doesn't work then reboot the device.

Interesting to see some opposite experiences happening. For me, I’ve tried toggling the fade setting off, then on, then off again and the Wiim Amp has definitely rebooted since I’ve unplugged it to move it around. Still have the issue. Is popping really a problem for the Wiim Amp when moving between songs with different bit rates? I read somewhere it’s only an issue for lower end DACs, and I do have reasonable expectations for a $300 device, but given it’s an ESS Sabre I wouldn’t have expected it to suffer from such a basic issue.

Edit - I’m happy to test potential solutions if anyone has other ideas for what might work.

I checked and the Wiim Mini also works correctly now.
Wiim Mini firmware: 4.6.612653
Wiim Pro formware: 4.8.612733

@BoilerCS pls check your firmware version.
As for the popping between tracks, does it only happen between tracks of different bitrates? Does it happen every time between these tracks?

Back