Firmware v.5.0.604350 released

Does the new balance control, if used, affect bit-perfect streaming?

Balance control is effectively just reducing the volume on one of the channels, so it has to be yes, surely.
Not necessarily. If it’s applied as DSP it’s on the digital side. They have added this feature to all the range and volume is all DSP on streamers, logic would dictate it’s the same implementation on all units but I could be wrong and the amps is different.

Not necessarily. If it’s applied as DSP it’s on the digital side. They have added this feature to all the range and volume is all DSP on streamers, logic would dictate it’s the same implementation on all units but I could be wrong and the amps is different.
I think we're saying the same thing!
It'll be digital in the wiim, so is manipulating the digital signal, so is no longer bit perfect.

You get it when you get it...
You can delay it (if you see the popup in time), but can't force it earlier nor not update at all.
FYI: New version (2.8.0) of the WiiM app (for iOS at least) enables manual firmware updating.

FYI: New version (2.8.0) of the WiiM app (for iOS at least) enables manual firmware updating.
But it seems only after an update is available in a particular area, I think. I updated to v. 2.8.0 of the iOS WiiM app about an hour ago. When I checked for updates for my WiiM Amp and WiiM Pro Plus, the response was that the software for both is up-to-date, although it’s not.

But it seems only after an update is available in a particular area, I think. I updated to v. 2.8.0 of the iOS WiiM app about an hour ago. When I checked for updates for my WiiM Amp and WiiM Pro Plus, the response was that the software for both is up-to-date, although it’s not.
What version do you have on each devices?

I don’t think it’s done by area, it seems a bit random tbh. I don’t know if WiiM will extend this feature to be truly on demand or whether you’ll still keep your place in the queue and have to wait.

Update availability probably is random. As for the software versions I have on my devices, my Amp is 5.0.603548; my Pro Plus, 4.8.540046. In both cases, I'm able to manually check for updates, but then receive the message, "Your device is up to date." So patience in "WiiM World" is still a virtue.

Back