New firmware v.5.0.605563

Hi inertiaman, Team

For those with extensive music collections exceeding 10,000 tracks on your USB, our next update to the WiiM Home App is designed to enhance your experience and manage large libraries more efficiently.

To ensure we address any specific challenges you're facing, we encourage you to submit a support ticket through the WiiM Home App. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this for you swiftly. Thank you for your patience and support!
I did submit a ticket.

My issue does not appear to be a library size problem. The problem occurs regardless of the USB track content. 40 tracks or 12,000 tracks yields the same behavior: the app doesn't show the USB under sources, and browsing to Home Music Share just results in a perpetual "waiting" waveform animation, with no USB discovery. It had been unpredictably and sporadically showing up (USB there for a few hours, then gone for a few hours) but now its been > 12 hours since the USB drive has been visible/accessible.

Also worth noting: if I enable any other media server on my network, the app immediately (and consistently) finds it and shows it as an option under Home Music Share. So the app is not having problems finding a media server. Rather, the Amp is having problems launching the media server/USB.

I did submit a ticket.

My issue does not appear to be a library size problem. The problem occurs regardless of the USB track content. 40 tracks or 12,000 tracks yields the same behavior: the app doesn't show the USB under sources, and browsing to Home Music Share just results in a perpetual "waiting" waveform animation, with no USB discovery. It had been unpredictably and sporadically showing up (USB there for a few hours, then gone for a few hours) but now its been > 12 hours since the USB drive has been visible/accessible.

Also worth noting: if I enable any other media server on my network, the app immediately (and consistently) finds it and shows it as an option under Home Music Share. So the app is not having problems finding a media server. Rather, the Amp is having problems launching the media server/USB.
What‘s your ticket number?

497042. Why?
Because it would have been helpful for WiiM to know that so they could have had a look at it directly rather than having to search thru the system for tickets that might have been yours or not…

But as suggested, I’ll flag it for their attention :)

Because it would have been helpful for WiiM to know that so they could have had a look at it directly rather than having to search thru the system for tickets that might have been yours or not…

But as suggested, I’ll flag it for their attention :)
OK, thanks.
FWIW, I provided the same details on my ticket that I've offered here in the forum.

Just to follow up here, I can report that the latest Wiim Home app update (from ~ Jan 30) seems to have fixed the USB discovery issues. Since this was apparently an app issue as opposed to a firmware issue, I won't bother with further details here on this firmware thread. More extensive discussion is ongoing on this thread: https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/usb-support.1967/page-3

Back