Would getting a pre amp with volume control and optical in help with volume low on TCL TV

WiimNewGuy

Hi. Sorry if this is a noob question. Hooked up the Wiim amp on my TCL tv using Arc/ Optical and the volume is very low as compared to normal operations using spotify etc. Sent a ticket and was advised to adjust the digital out volume on my TV. Problem is ... my TV does not have any individual control settings for the optical / HDMI out. I even went to the extent of accessing the factory settings and still no luck.

Would a pre amp (something like the SMSL SU1 but with volume control) actually help if I hooked up directly to the tv then to the Wiim Amp using the line in?

Hi. Sorry if this is a noob question. Hooked up the Wiim amp on my TCL tv using Arc/ Optical and the volume is very low as compared to normal operations using spotify etc. Sent a ticket and was advised to adjust the digital out volume on my TV. Problem is ... my TV does not have any individual control settings for the optical / HDMI out. I even went to the extent of accessing the factory settings and still no luck.

Would a pre amp (something like the SMSL SU1 but with volume control) actually help if I hooked up directly to the tv then to the Wiim Amp using the line in?
Check out this thread: Post in thread 'Connecting my TCL 50C715 TV to my Wiim amp via HDMI or optical cable produces no sound' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...tical-cable-produces-no-sound.2491/post-36724

Unfortunately I have went through all the solutions stated in the link given even before this is pointed out to me. Would getting s smsl PS100 help with my volume issues as a pre amp (connect the dac to the TV using HDMI ARC) then connecting to the Wiim Amp using the line in?

I have same problem. HDMI sensitivity is too low. There should be a high/low sensitivity switch in the app

Back