New firmware v.5.0.605563

Will probably need an app update to control the new input volume settings
Can't find anything in the voice input section?
I think it was always mentioned that the app needed to be updated.

Thank you 😊

Can't find anything in the voice input section?
I think it was always mentioned that the app needed to be updated.

Thank you 😊
Yeah, previous firmware updates have (sometimes?) mentioned that an associated app update may be required - I’m just inferring that from previous experience :)

I have to say that the customer service and response to input is outstanding from the folks at WiiM!

Edit to add that I received the update on the same day that I saw this notice. Usually, 2-3 days before I receive it after seeing these post.

Last edited:
Is anyone else seeing an issue where the firmware update download UI never progresses? This has happened for the last two firmware updates. When I kill the amp and check device info it shows the new firmware version. Very odd.

Is anyone else seeing an issue where the firmware update download UI never progresses? This has happened for the last two firmware updates. When I kill the amp and check device info it shows the new firmware version. Very odd.
Mine loaded ok. The very first update when the Amp was new seemed to be stuck so I rebooted it, and all has been fine since then.

So is the pre-volume, just a “save volume adjustment by source” setting? It still looks like just a volume limit slider when I inspect the audio output setting on a given input source setting.

So is the pre-volume, just a “save volume adjustment by source” setting? It still looks like just a volume limit slider when I inspect the audio output setting on a given input source setting.
It’s “per” source volume. Got some screenshots as I don’t have an app update yet that suggests the new feature?

Same for me. I just tested it with switching from Spotify connect to optical in and back. Spotify has still the same volume like optical when switching back.
Is there an upcoming app update necessary for this feature?

I hope it doesn't replace the beta FW that I am using to eliminate the pops and clicks during sample rate changes! Or perhaps the fix is now incorporated in.

Yeah, I think we need an app update, I'm not seeing anything different.

Hi Team,

Apologies for any confusion regarding the per-source volume control feature. This functionality requires an update to our App, which is scheduled for release early next week. We appreciate your patience and support.

Has bug fix #2 (USB discovery) helped anyone? After an initial couple hours where my amp consistently found the USB, I thought this issue was resolved. But then USB disappeared again, and now the behavior is worse than it was before the firmware change. On the prior firmware, the USB discovery took anywhere from 2 to 30 minutes. Now w/ this firmware update, I've been through 12 hour periods where USB isn't discovered, despite cycling in/out of standby, changing sources, open/closing app, etc. Behavior doesn't change w/ different USB drives, different formatting, 2.4 or 5 ghz, etc.

Has bug fix #2 (USB discovery) helped anyone? After an initial couple hours where my amp consistently found the USB, I thought this issue was resolved. But then USB disappeared again, and now the behavior is worse than it was before the firmware change. On the prior firmware, the USB discovery took anywhere from 2 to 30 minutes. Now w/ this firmware update, I've been through 12 hour periods where USB isn't discovered, despite cycling in/out of standby, changing sources, open/closing app, etc. Behavior doesn't change w/ different USB drives, different formatting, 2.4 or 5 ghz, etc.
Hi inertiaman, Team

For those with extensive music collections exceeding 10,000 tracks on your USB, our next update to the WiiM Home App is designed to enhance your experience and manage large libraries more efficiently.

To ensure we address any specific challenges you're facing, we encourage you to submit a support ticket through the WiiM Home App. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this for you swiftly. Thank you for your patience and support!

Back