Fixed Linked Devices (Wireless Subwoofers)

ctaraszki

Add the ability to link devices within the device settings menu rather than devices page to allow the linking of "wireless" subwoofer(s) that may be using a separate Wiim(s). Having to link them every time I open the Wiim app is burdensome. A relative volume/gain setting for those linked in this fashion (similar to the latency setting) would also be helpful.

I have a related question... When using a "mains + sub" linked group, will playback be resampled from native resolution? I think I read somewhere that when linking more than one Wiim, all in the group are resampled to 16bit/48k. I'm not all that concerned, but high-res purists may be.

Last edited:
Add the ability to link devices within the device settings menu rather than devices page to allow the linking of "wireless" subwoofer(s) that may be using a separate Wiim(s). Having to link them every time I open the Wiim app is burdensome. A relative volume/gain setting for those linked in this fashion (similar to the latency setting) would also be helpful.

I have a related question... When using a "mains + sub" linked group, will playback be resampled from native resolution? I think I read somewhere that when linking more than one Wiim, all in the group are resampled to 16bit/48k. I'm not all that concerned, but high-res purists may be.
Yeah, I believe Linkplay groups only support up to 24?/48, although there was a roadmap entry that suggested hi res groups were being considered

I'm considering purchasing a second Wiim device for a subwoofer. Is there a way to keep Wiim devices linked after reboot or do they need to be manually linked every time?

Last edited:
Back