Fixed volume vs volume limit

Isn’t the limiter same effect as fixed volume off and adjust the slider like the limiter?

Isn’t the limiter same effect as fixed volume off and adjust the slider like the limiter?
The volume control for me changed the volume to lower by itself or could not stay at a specific setting . I hope with the firmware it is fixed

Can I just confirm that having the volume in the WiiM app fixed at 100%, and then controlling it from my amp, I’m still getting bit perfect signal please?

Can I just confirm that having the volume in the WiiM app fixed at 100%, and then controlling it from my amp, I’m still getting bit perfect signal please?
You need to set fixed volume on and limiter to 100%

There are 2 more features that are coming so 1 out of 3 is done which is airplay cast. Second would be peq currently on beta for testing and lastly squeeze lite.

What I for a while noticed that the AppStore does not show it as update. I have to search Wiim in the AppStore again and then a button "update" instead of "open" appears. The only app with this behavior in my collection.

I've tested it again and I was wrong, it does not work as a min function. It's rather a multiplier.

So output volume level as decimal value = volume on the device as decimal value (1 for fixed) x volume limiter as decimal value.

Decimal value is in the range <0..1>.

TBH I don't think it's a good idea.

Nah, it's more complex:

1692192309771.png

50% volume and 100% limiter is giving different result than 100% volume and 50% limiter...

Back