Has the Wiim light been disowned?

mlsstl

I've sent three requests for help with my Wiim light -- one via email to customer service and was told to use the "Feedback" setting in the app. I've sent two requests that way and have never had a reply -- we're about two weeks in now. Seems odd since Wiim's been responsive to questions concerning my Mini and Pro.

Not a good customer service model if the launch of another product decimates a company's ability to respond to questions about other just recently released products.

I've sent three requests for help with my Wiim light -- one via email to customer service and was told to use the "Feedback" setting in the app. I've sent two requests that way and have never had a reply -- we're about two weeks in now. Seems odd since Wiim's been responsive to questions concerning my Mini and Pro.
What’s the issue?

The clock light comes on at its dimmest setting just above totally off. When the clock brightness slider is adjusted, via the app, to the desired level (midway) the clock light goes to the desired brightness. However, the next day it is dim again even though the slider position hasn't changed. One has to move the slider back and forth to get the brightness back. Then, the whole thing repeats the next day -- the clock won't remain at the chosen brightness. Not the end of the world, but it is somewhat annoying.

Last edited:
I see this ‘Light’ is another WiiM gizmo. Sorry know nothing about it.

The clock light comes on at its dimmest setting just above totally off. When the clock brightness slider is adjusted, via the app, to the desired level (midway) the clock light goes to the desired brightness. However, the next day it is dim again even though the slider position hasn't changed. One has to move the slider back and forth to get the brightness back. Then, the whole thing repeats the next day -- the clock won't remain at the chosen brightness. Not the end of the world, but it is somewhat annoying.
Sorry about that. Let me check with the team and get back to you. Can you share with me the ticket number?

No ticket number. I submitted my original email to support@wiinhome.com on 11/20/23 at 2:36 PM and received a reply the next day with no ticket number but instructing me to resubmit it via the Feedback option on my phone app for the light. I've done this twice with the WiiM light app (not the other one for the players) but have not received any emails or notices in the app itself after completing the fields and hitting the "Send" button on the "Send Us Feedback" page.

Sounds like your Feedback page on the app isn't working right.

No ticket number. I submitted my original email to support@wiinhome.com on 11/20/23 at 2:36 PM and received a reply the next day with no ticket number but instructing me to resubmit it via the Feedback option on my phone app for the light. I've done this twice with the WiiM light app (not the other one for the players) but have not received any emails or notices in the app itself after completing the fields and hitting the "Send" button on the "Send Us Feedback" page.

Sounds like your Feedback page on the app isn't working right.

I think I found your last ticket and our team replied with the following on 11/29/23. Did you receive this?

Dear M,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We want to inform you that the WiiM Wakeup Light is currently designed to adjust its brightness based on the surrounding light conditions. We understand the need for more control over this feature, and we're excited to let you know that our upcoming version will include an enhancement. This update will introduce an option within the app that allows users to choose whether to activate this automatic brightness adjustment.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

No, never received any emails from WiiM other than the previously noted one on 11/21/23 telling me to use the feedback option to report problems. I also checked my spam folder. However, it sounds like the issue may be fixed with a coming update. I'll just wait for that.

One suggestion -- I don't mind auto brightness adjustment based on ambient light levels, but that feature should adjust the brightness both dimmer and brighter, not just dimmer as it currently works.

Looks like the Wiim Light has been sucked back into the black hole. Nothing has changed and no response as to status.

And, in looking at Wiim's prior response from two months ago, one wonders why, if the clock can adjust it brightness according to the surrounding ambient light level, why does this only work to dim the light, but never brighten it? Inquiring minds want to know!

We're now almost four months from when this issue came up and WiiM said there was going to be an update that would fix the brightness issue. Nothing has happened, though they've found the time to release about a zillion updates for my Pro.

The WiiM Light really does seem to be the bastard child of the lineup.

History shows a lot of illegitimate children who in the end became very successful. Ok, some with a sad ending.
William the Conqueror, Leonardo da Vinci, Eva Peron, Steve Jobs, Marylin Monroe, Jenny Lind, Ophra Winfrey and so on ;-))

Back