Have to reboot WiiM mini every time

nemick

I have to reboot my WiiM mini every time I want to use it. The error message I get says “WiiM mini is online but can’t be found” I go through the search procedure and nothing happens. Really a buzz kill when I have to spend 10 minutes trying to relax with some music. Please help.

First world problem for sure, but irritating.

Any thoughts?

Do you let it go into standby?
I've seen posts on pro having issues coming out of standby, maybe mini too?
Mine's just always on, never have any issues with it. Touch wood.

Do you let it go into standby?
I've seen posts on pro having issues coming out of standby, maybe mini too?
Mine's just always on, never have any issues with it. Touch wood.
Thanks very much for responding. I have been letting it go to sleep. I have now adjusted it so that it never sleeps. I’ll let you know if that does the trick.
NM

Even if it's set to not go to sleep, it seems like it's a known issue with Android devices at least. I know it's the case with both of mine

I have to do the same thing. Mine goes to DAC and DAC to tube amp. It's frustrating. Sounds like they need an update, 90c4 thanks for posting that. Saved me a lot of time searching.

I have to do the same thing. Mine goes to DAC and DAC to tube amp. It's frustrating. Sounds like they need an update, 90c4 thanks for posting that. Saved me a lot of time searching.
I read the original post incorrectly. I thought you were saying the app needed to be restarted each time. Check your router and assign the Wiim a static ip address maybe

I will try that. Every night I unplug it to get it to work.
I had to do the same thing with my router to get my other streamer to work recently, but my wiim was fine. I ended up switching routers to another one I had on hand and both streamers worked flawlessly. It worked great for years so I'm not sure what the issue was

Back