Wiim Mini music stops playing and will not restart - must reboot Wiim via app

cab1024

This happens most times I use my Wiim Mini, but not every time. The music randomly stops and it will not start again. The song still shows in the app with a Play or Pause symbol but pressing it does not restart the music. I have to reboot the Wiim from the app and then it will work again. It is very unreliable and is especially annoying at night when I'm in bed and want to listen to music as I fall asleep.

After reading some other posts, I have changed the selection for Preferred DNS Server to 8.8.8.8. I haven't tested long enough to know if it helps.

Seems strange that this is so common and it has not been fixed yet.

What music service are you using, and do you have a reliable wifi signal, free from interference form nearby hubs, electrical gear etc where your mini is situated?

When it happens, it’s always prudent to submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs for potential clues.

What music service are you using, and do you have a reliable wifi signal, free from interference form nearby hubs, electrical gear etc where your mini is situated?

When it happens, it’s always prudent to submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs for potential clues.
I'm using Amazon Music. I do not have any connectivity issues with my Denon. I'm using a Google Nest Wifi mesh system with PLENTY of bandwidth. The Mini is sitting on top of the mini-stack of Aiyima A05, Schiit Magni3 and Modi3+ and between a monitor on my desk and flush with a bookshelf that's next to the desk. The Mini is on the same side of the bookshelf as the nearest wifi hub. Because I'm using the Wiim via optical connection, I'm not using the Bluetooth built into the Aiyima.

I provided feedback (#491216) through the app. I wanted to post here to provide visibility on the frequency of the issue in the hopes they will fix it.

IMG_7768 Copy.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm using Amazon Music. I do not have any connectivity issues with my Denon. I'm using a Google Nest Wifi mesh system with PLENTY of bandwidth. The Mini is sitting on top of the mini-stack of Aiyima A05, Schiit Magni3 and Modi3+ and between a monitor on my desk and flush with a bookshelf that's next to the desk. The Mini is on the same side of the bookshelf as the nearest wifi hub. Because I'm using the Wiim via optical connection, I'm not using the Bluetooth built into the Aiyima.

I provided feedback (#491216) through the app. I wanted to post here to provide visibility on the frequency of the issue in the hopes they will fix it.

View attachment 2713
Seconding what @Brantome suggested, try moving the wiim mini away from the stack and retest.

View attachment 2713
Hi cab1024,

Thank you very much for the feedback log. Our Eng. team is working on this now and we'll provide the update shortly. Thank you again for your patience while we're troubleshooting this.

Back