Home Music Share and Serviio or LMS

2.1.19 is the current dev version
At the bottom of the Plugins page add Philippe's dev repo, click Apply and it will become available after a while

Code:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/dev/repo-sf.xml

Hi,
I followed this "LMS installation guide" (thanks d6jg), i have just LMS from Picoreplayer working on a PI4b but with a strange problem (tried to find in LMS foruns for threads with the same or similar problem, but no joy). Usually when i'm listenning a song and in the middle if i press next track it jumps two or more tracks, usually don't jump to the next one and when i press previous track sometimes it does it correctly, sometimes it doesn't, it's erratic. If you try to do fast forward most of times it jumps to another track.
Anyone else with this or similar problem? It's puzzling me, i think its related with UPNP Bridge, but not sure what it is.

Hi,
I followed this "LMS installation guide" (thanks d6jg), i have just LMS from Picoreplayer working on a PI4b but with a strange problem (tried to find in LMS foruns for threads with the same or similar problem, but no joy). Usually when i'm listenning a song and in the middle if i press next track it jumps two or more tracks, usually don't jump to the next one and when i press previous track sometimes it does it correctly, sometimes it doesn't, it's erratic. If you try to do fast forward most of times it jumps to another track.
Anyone else with this or similar problem? It's puzzling me, i think its related with UPNP Bridge, but not sure what it is.
That is indeed a problem with the UPnP/DLNA Bridge - seeking in tracks, and pressing next are always issues - the next track issue depends on where you are in the preceding track as to whether it jumps two forward. You can eradicate the problem if you use "flow" mode but then you lose metadata in the WiiM app and are limited to one bit rate/depth no matter what you play.
I have to say that in my use neither seeking or pressing next occur very often at all.

That is indeed a problem with the UPnP/DLNA Bridge - seeking in tracks, and pressing next are always issues - the next track issue depends on where you are in the preceding track as to whether it jumps two forward. You can eradicate the problem if you use "flow" mode but then you lose metadata in the WiiM app and are limited to one bit rate/depth no matter what you play.
I have to say that in my use neither seeking or pressing next occur very often at all.
I wonder if Roon has this problem :devilish:

Ok, so it's a known issue.
Sometimes I don't want to listen all the tracks, I skip some of them.

Ok, so it's a known issue.
Sometimes I don't want to listen all the tracks, I skip some of them.
The LMS UPnP/DLNA Bridge developer isn't too complimentary about WiiM's UPnP implementation :(
Hopefully WiiM will add Squeezelite at some point and all problems will be resolved.

The LMS UPnP/DLNA Bridge developer isn't too complimentary about WiiM's UPnP implementation :(
Hopefully WiiM will add Squeezelite at some point and all problems will be resolved.
Well hopefully we can ditch UPNPBridge soon and relieve him of that concern ;)

I've been fortunate in that I don't have the next track bug to a large degree. I may have it, but I use next track or seek within track rarely. The only time I had wonky behavior like this was when I had an old version of SDT (SuperDateTime screensaver) installed. It was trying to update to a dead URL so was apparently using lots of resources within LMS causing the next track to be some random track in the queue. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new maintained version and haven't had the issue since.

Also, is SqueezeLite implementation really on WiiM's roadmap? I can't find a current version, seems they've removed it from the support and product pages.

This is helpful,thanks.

Install Bridge and Material plugins.
Go into Bridge settings. Choose binary, start Bridge and wait for config file to generate.
Stop the Bridge.
In dropdown choose Wiim and edit the Max Sample Rate to match whatever you have WiiM plugged into.
Restart Bridge
Open http://ip:9000/Material on PC or Phone - you should see WiiM at top left as available player - navigate to some music and hit play

On phone if iOS, open Material in Safari, do "Add to Home Screen", Close Safari. You should see new LMS icon on home screen. Open it from there in app mode.

I wonder if Roon has this problem :devilish:
Isn't this just an LMS issue? I wonder if it happens from all the LMS interfaces?

I've tried various servers with both BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast and haven't been able to replicate the problem, even jumping 10 tracks at a time. The WiiM app itself seems happy to advance multiple tracks at a time, but is a little clunky going backwards.

Isn't this just an LMS issue? I wonder if it happens from all the LMS interfaces?

I've tried various servers with both BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast and haven't been able to replicate the problem, even jumping 10 tracks at a time. The WiiM app itself seems happy to advance multiple tracks at a time, but is a little clunky going backwards.
Its the UPnP interaction between the LMS Bridge plugin and the WiiM device. If you don't seek, or skip you never see the issue but it is there.
A fully fledged LMS player has no such issue - hence why Squeezelite on the WiiM would be great.

Its the UPnP interaction between the LMS Bridge plugin and the WiiM device. If you don't seek, or skip you never see the issue but it is there.
And is it only with the WiiM, no other UPnP renderers?

BubbleUPnP fixed an issue a while ago where repeatedly tapping the next/previous track button resulted in "laggy/clunky" behaviour (I have no idea if it was renderer specific), I was wondering whether the nature of the material plugin (html) might exacerbate that, although I'm sure it's been tested to death!

And is it only with the WiiM, no other UPnP renderers?

BubbleUPnP fixed an issue a while ago where repeatedly tapping the next/previous track button resulted in "laggy/clunky" behaviour (I have no idea if it was renderer specific), I was wondering whether the nature of the material plugin (html) might exacerbate that, although I'm sure it's been tested to death!
I have no idea about other UPnP renderers generally. I have a couple that work well with LMS Bridge and a couple that won’t work at all. The only one I actually use is the WiiM.
Most of my listening is with proper LMS players.

Back