Home Music Share and Serviio or LMS

I have no idea about other UPnP renderers generally. I have a couple that work well with LMS Bridge and a couple that won’t work at all. The only one I actually use is the WiiM.
I just had a quick test and the skipping (on track advance or seeking) happens nearly all the time, very annoying (if you need it).

I proxied the WiiM to a DLNA renderer using BubbleUPnP Server and then played to that using LMS and it's MUCH more usable, even seeking seems to work, or at least the track plays from the new position even though the WiiM app and LMS eventually lose track progress, but the next track does play correctly.

Isn't this just an LMS issue? I wonder if it happens from all the LMS interfaces?

I've tried various servers with both BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast and haven't been able to replicate the problem, even jumping 10 tracks at a time. The WiiM app itself seems happy to advance multiple tracks at a time, but is a little clunky going backwards.
I should have prefixed my Devil's Face reply with "@d6jg"
It was a quip for something LMS didn't do as well as Roon...possibly even worth the subscription fee ;)

I should have prefixed my Devil's Face reply with "@d6jg"
It was a quip for something LMS didn't do as well as Roon...possibly even worth the subscription fee ;)
If WiiM had Squeezelite installed it wouldn’t be any issue in the same way that RAAT has been and for the record I never say LMS is better than Roon, only better value for money :)

There are 3 components to UPnP, the media server (Serviio/LMS/MinimServer) a control point (BubbleUPnP, the WiiM/HEOS app) and then the renderer (the physical WiiM device, /Sonos/Denon Home 150 speaker). The media server is probably the most important aspect of the three as it dictates what's possible further up the chain e.g. the artwork that's displayed at each screen; the tags supported e.t.c.

Can this method be used then to send a live stream to a Sonos One?

I'm looking to play my music in sync both on my Class A amp though Wiim, and my Sonos One speakers.

Thanks

Can this method be used then to send a live stream to a Sonos One?

I'm looking to play my music in sync both on my Class A amp though Wiim, and my Sonos One speakers.

Thanks
Live streams like radio stations sure (as long as they're not encrypted/protected), but you can't sync Sonos and WiiM as they're two different technologies.

Last edited:
Live streams like radio stations sure (as long as they're not encrypted/protected), but you can't sync Sonos and WiiM as they're two different technologies.
Couldn’t you perhaps use Airplay cast from your phone to both?

Couldn’t you perhaps use Airplay cast from your phone to both?
Good point, it's one of the technologies I always forget about - probably because I'm on Android - although the question was asked in relation to UPnP.

I bought a WiiM Pro Plus to use in a outdoor theater setup for my grandkids and to play around with. I am a old time LMS user that stopped when Logitech exited hardware and when I saw that WiiM was supporting LMS decided to try LMS again. I have used a number of servers but never found anything I liked as much LMS.

I have all my music on a NAS and put the path to the music in LMS rather than use DLNA and the bridge. This works flawlessly with LMS scanning the files to pull all tags info and artwork. Bothe the built in Squeezelite on the WiiM pro and the LMS web server work great to control the WiiM.
I use the Material theme on LMS. I reinstalled a couple of Squeezebox 3 units I had and now have whole house synchronized audio. Very happy with the audio quality of the WiiM and witht he combination of LMS and WiiM.

Back