Hotspot on wiim pro

Yoltzuin

I am thinking about buying the wiim pro, but I have a problem. I don't have a wifi network or a ethernet connection and I am running all of my things(my PC for now :D) over my phone's hotspot. Will the Wiim pro work on the hotspot(I want to listen to spotify, and when I use my computer I want to use the input ports on the wiim(when computer is on i have the hotspot always turned on and sound routed to my speakers).
Wil the Wiim connect to the hotspot automatically, or will I have to bother with connecting it to the hotspot everytime I turn the hotspot off and on again?
Thanks for any help!

I am thinking about buying the wiim pro, but I have a problem. I don't have a wifi network or a ethernet connection and I am running all of my things(my PC for now :D) over my phone's hotspot. Will the Wiim pro work on the hotspot(I want to listen to spotify, and when I use my computer I want to use the input ports on the wiim(when computer is on i have the hotspot always turned on and sound routed to my speakers).
Wil the Wiim connect to the hotspot automatically, or will I have to bother with connecting it to the hotspot everytime I turn the hotspot off and on again?
Thanks for any help!
Hi,
WiiM can also be used at hotspots.
I'll look into automatic connection later. Give me some time.😉

I have a mini that's set up to connect to my phone's hotspot.
If I just turn on the mini it flashes green and white, searching for the connection.
When I enable the phone's mobile data and hotspot (with wifi disabled) the mini automatically connects, but the wiim app on the phone complains that wifi isn't enabled so won't show the mini.
When I launch spotify on the phone I can select the mini and cast to it.

If I turn off mobile data the mini led goes red.
If I turn it on again the mini automatically connects again, and goes white.
I tried tidal - that does not see the mini.

However, when I connected my tablet to the same hotspot, both the wiim app and tidal on the tablet conncted to the mini, presumably as on the tablet it's a 'wifi' connection to the hotspot.
Spotify worked on the tablet too.

I see no reason why a pro would behave any differently, but mine are all wired in and I haven't bothered to test it!!

@Mr Ee is right. 😄

I tested it with a mini.

The Mini will automatically connect to the hotspot. In my case, it took about 10 seconds to connect. Spotify connect works very smoothly.

To set up and manage the WiiM app, you'll need an additional phone or tablet.

@Mr Ee is right. 😄

I tested it with a mini.

The Mini will automatically connect to the hotspot. In my case, it took about 10 seconds to connect. Spotify connect works very smoothly.

To set up and manage the WiiM app, you'll need an additional phone or tablet.
Ah perfect, I will just use my laptop if I will need to manage someting with the Wiim app, I was just afraid that it wouldn't connect and I would have to try connecting to the correct wifi everytime I wanna listen to music.

Thanks for the help @Mr Ee , @Wiimer

Hey guys, can someone please right me a step by step guide of how to connect my wiim pro to my phones hotspot? I'm just trying my setup after Christmas and my mind is a bit boggled! Thank you in advance! Chris

Hey guys, can someone please right me a step by step guide of how to connect my wiim pro to my phones hotspot? I'm just trying my setup after Christmas and my mind is a bit boggled! Thank you in advance! Chris
Hi, @chris_e,

Do you have two Android devices? Or two iOS devices.

Hey mate, I've only got my phone, which is android

To set up WiiM with a hotspot, you need to use "phone A" mobile network and connect "phone B (or tablet)" and WiiM to the "phone A" hotspot.

phone A
v
((( hotspot )))
v v
Phone B >> Setup >> WiiM

I don't think you can set up a WiiM on a PC. Requires the WiiM home app on your phone.

Can you use someone's phone?

Edit:
If you can connect your phone to your laptop's hotspot, you should be able to set up WiiM on your phone.

To set up WiiM with a hotspot, you need to use "phone A" mobile network and connect "phone B (or tablet)" and WiiM to the "phone A" hotspot.

phone A
v
((( hotspot )))
v v
Phone B >> Setup >> WiiM

I don't think you can set up a WiiM on a PC. Requires the WiiM home app on your phone.
Hey mate, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try and get hold of an old smartphone from someone - will literally just use it to run wiim, hopefully that works. Cheers again.

Can you use someone's phone?

Edit:
If you can connect your phone to your laptop's hotspot, you should be able to set up WiiM on your phone.
Hey mate, I use my phone as my hotspot as I don't have any wifi connections at home. I'm going to try and get hold of someones old smart phone, and I can run wiin from there, hopefully that works. Cheers for the response, I appreciate it!

Back