How connect Wiim Mini directly to my Cell using Mobile Data only

martin av8tor

Is there a way to connect WiiM Mini to my smartphone direcly via WiFi in a remote place where there is no WiFi only my phone and mobile data?

I tried using the my own phone HotSpot to create a Wifi but WiiM App running on the same smartphone does not connect with the WiiM Mini.

Martin

Is there a way to connect WiiM Mini to my smartphone direcly via WiFi in a remote place where there is no WiFi only my phone and mobile data?

I tried using the my own phone HotSpot to create a Wifi but WiiM App running on the same smartphone does not connect with the WiiM Mini.

Martin
Hi, I think your problem can be solved if you have a mobile router.

Or, if you have another phone, you can try connecting to a hotspot and seeing if you can control it.

Last edited:
Once your phone enables a hotspot, most often it behaves like a router and so you’d need to run the Wiim app on another device which then connects to that hotspot.

Martin
Yep, change your phones hot-spot name to be the same as your wifi ssid and then set the password to be the same as well. When off you wifi enable the hot-spot on the phone and the wiim should connect as normal. Works with laptops tablets etc no reason won't work on the wiim

Yep, change your phones hot-spot name to be the same as your wifi ssid and then set the password to be the same as well. When off you wifi enable the hot-spot on the phone and the wiim should connect as normal. Works with laptops tablets etc no reason won't work on the wiim
While that attaches the Wiim device to the hotspot, it doesn’t follow that the Wiim app on the phone that’s now a hotspot can also connect to that wifi. You’ll need another phone with the app so it too can connect to the hotspot.

Mobile router - but you will also need internet connectivity via the mobile router eg a PAYG SIM card. If you set the SSID and Password to match your home WiFi as someone else said then both your phone and WiiM should connect seamlessly.

Thanks for trying to help me. My LG V50 only alows one device to connect via wifi HotSpot, so I guess there is no solution for my case.

cheers!

Back