How files are transferred from tidal through WiFi?

EddieMurphy

Hi guys,
I am usuing iOS and WiFi option in app and tidal. Is it real numbers? How data is transferred ? What protocol , is it some kind like chromecast?

Attachments

• IMG_8647.png
    IMG_8647.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Yes, the numbers are correct. From your screenshot, it looks like you’re using Tidal from within the WiiM Home app. When that app requests a track to be played, it’s sent direct from the Tidal cloud service over the internet to your WiiM device on your home network. Similarly, if you use the Tidal app and Tidal Connect to your WiiM, the track request is sent to the Tidal cloud service which in turn delivers it to your WiiM device.

Yes, the numbers are correct. From your screenshot, it looks like you’re using Tidal from within the WiiM Home app. When that app requests a track to be played, it’s sent direct from the Tidal cloud service over the internet to your WiiM device on your home network. Similarly, if you use the Tidal app and Tidal Connect to your WiiM, the track request is sent to the Tidal cloud service which in turn delivers it to your WiiM device.
That is very nice.
Maybe you guys know what the audio quality will be if I am using tidal app on my Samsung TV? Will it play maximum as what hdmi arc offers? Or it is limited somehow? Don’t know how to check it

That is very nice.
Maybe you guys know what the audio quality will be if I am using tidal app on my Samsung TV? Will it play maximum as what hdmi arc offers? Or it is limited somehow? Don’t know how to check it
What does the wiim app show in the now playing screen?
I'd think it highly likely that you'd be getting 48khz max.
Which is fine ;)

What does the wiim app show in the now playing screen?
I'd think it highly likely that you'd be getting 48khz max.
Which is fine ;)
unfortunately when playing music from for example tidal in TV app , in WiiM app no data about quality is visible.

Back