How to change wifi network

richms

I setup on my iot network and now want to change to my main one so I can access it from my desktop PC that is wired so can't change ssid it's connected to.

Can't see how to do it in the app so do I have to reset it and go thru the hopeless setup process again?

Long press on the play buton should start WiiM's AP to let you select another network.
Yes, that one is in the user manual!
13.2 disable/enable wifi, according to the contents, actually 12.2 enable wifi setup mode.
Who reads manuals anyway...

I love this device, but this process to change the Wi-Fi is about as dumb as a rock. Why they don’t just let you go onto settings, choose the Wi-Fi and change it is beyond me. And don’t tell me it’s a technical issue because I’m technical enough to know this is easily done. I get there might be some theory to do it like an airplay device set up but… No excuse. Once you have a device installed every device should just allow you to go to settings and then change the Wi-Fi if you want.

Reactions: Mat
I love this device, but this process to change the Wi-Fi is about as dumb as a rock. Why they don’t just let you go onto settings, choose the Wi-Fi and change it is beyond me. And don’t tell me it’s a technical issue because I’m technical enough to know this is easily done. I get there might be some theory to do it like an airplay device set up but… No excuse. Once you have a device installed every device should just allow you to go to settings and then change the Wi-Fi if you want.
Submit this as a feature request ticket under the feedback section in the WiiM Home app and hopefully they’ll consider implementing it

I setup on my iot network and now want to change to my main one so I can access it from my desktop PC that is wired so can't change ssid it's connected to.

Can't see how to do it in the app so do I have to reset it and go thru the hopeless setup process again?
Hopeless setup process? There speaks someone who has never tried to setup an ifi zen stream! Now that IS a hopeless setup process!
WiiM setup is a comparative doddle 😀

Back