How to lower frequencies above 16000khz on WiiM mini?

Marcos Mazur

I bought a WiiM Mini today and I'm worried, from what I've seen so far its EQ has 10 bands only up to 16000khz, I'm sensitive to treble and my question is, in this EQ of yours I lowering 16000 automatically do the highest frequencies up to 20000 also drop? or do they remain ''flat'' so to speak? any suggestion?

Attachments

• Wiim EQ.jpg
    Wiim EQ.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 3
You must be pretty young to be hearing much above 16000 ;)
I listen almost up to 17500khz, from what I've tested, if tests are worth that much, at least on WiiM I wish I could reduce 17000khz
In Peace equalizer on my pc the sound of songs with live treble is much more comfortable when I lower the higher frequencies.

Hi.

The WiiM's EQ divides 10 octaves into 10 bands. That is, one band is one octave.

I didn't measure this, but if you move 1kHz up, for example, you will get a gentle mountain between 500Hz and 2kHz. The top of the mountain is 1kHz and descends as it spreads to the left and right.

Similarly, if you lower 16kHz down, you will see a gentle depression between 8kHz and 32kHz (actually probably 20kHz).

If you have a DAC and you can select a filter on that DAC, you can use it together. And also if the amplifier has tone control. However, the tone control mainly starts at 1kHz and changes the upper and lower frequency bands into a mountain shape.

Yes, I am not an expert. I'm sorry if I made a mistake.🙂

I listen almost up to 17500khz, from what I've tested, if tests are worth that much, at least on WiiM I wish I could reduce 17000khz
In Peace equalizer on my pc the sound of songs with live treble is much more comfortable when I lower the higher frequencies.
That EQ may have a wider Q value than the Wiim EQ.

How many bands does Peace equalizer have?

Hi.

The WiiM's EQ divides 10 octaves into 10 bands. That is, one band is one octave.

I didn't measure this, but if you move 1kHz up, for example, you will get a gentle mountain between 500Hz and 2kHz. The top of the mountain is 1kHz and descends as it spreads to the left and right.

Similarly, if you lower 16kHz down, you will see a gentle depression between 8kHz and 32kHz (actually probably 20kHz).

If you have a DAC and you can select a filter on that DAC, you can use it together. And also if the amplifier has tone control. However, the tone control mainly starts at 1kHz and changes the upper and lower frequency bands into a mountain shape.

Yes, I am not an expert. I'm sorry if I made a mistake.🙂

Very interesting, I wasn't aware of these details, so I believe reducing the 16k will also reduce the rest a bit, thanks a lot for the answer.

That EQ may have a wider Q value than the Wiim EQ.

How many bands does Peace equalizer have?

Peace/APO Equalizar reaches up to 30000 with the custom parametric option, from 2000 onwards it is inaudible, of course, but a little earlier, despite being barely audible, you can still ''feel'' in my experience.

Back