Humming noise

All pcb 5 (as reported by users) do not have hum
Pcb 4 units were usually humming prior to this report
I haven't seen clear proof that the hum is even related to pcb version. Seems logical it's related to maturity of the production process. That in mind, higher pcb version should correlate with less quality issues. But doesn't mean it causes it. Wiim has only stated that some (maybe all :D) earlier units have had issues.

All pcb 5 (as reported by users) do not have hum
Pcb 4 units were usually humming prior to this report
Again, you can’t make sweeping statements like that based on the relatively small number of users that frequent these forums - for example, there could well be users with pcb 4 units that don’t hum so they didn’t have to take to forums to tell others about it.

Again, you can’t make sweeping statements like that based on the relatively small number of users that frequent these forums - for example, there could well be users with pcb 4 units that don’t hum so they didn’t have to take to forums to tell others about it.
Spot on. Explains why I’m here ☺️

No hum from my PCB 4 unit. Didn't feel the need to mention it before...

My PCB 4 unit also showed no signs of hum or coil whining. I returned it for other reasons (related to smallish mechanical and to shipping issues) but will order a new unit in a couple of weeks when a new batch (hopefully) becomes available.

Hi @WiiM Team

the first contact regarding the replacement of my unit was fine. Could you please give me an update of the status? Nobody gave fedback on my last two comments.

Ticket number: #496324

Thanks in advance, wilkman

Hi Team,

A very small number of units from our first manufacturing batch exhibit a low humming noise due to the power transformer. This issue has been resolved in subsequent batches. If your unit is affected, please contact us by sending us a feedback ticket.

Your ongoing support is greatly appreciated!
Just got back to Germany to unbox my two Wiim Amps delivered end of January after the first one (V2) had terrible humming issues. The new ones are both V4. Same humming/crackling issue. 3/3 of the devices I tested had this issue. "A very small number" is simply not true. My desk is full with tech equipment, the Wiim Amps being the only devices that produce any kind of "white" noise. For me it's a no-go.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team After having to deal with this whole issue the second time, Im a bit disappointed by Wiim and their German Distributor ATR Audio-Trade. Through the TIcket system of the Wiim Home App I was fpromised to receive a replacement unit asap. Stil, I was forwarded to the seller. The seller forwarded me to the Distributor ATR which doesn't seem to know anything about the humming issue. Instead of just shipping a new V5 device and me returning the defective one, they ask to get the defective one to "check" it. That's just annoying considering how obvious the issue is. And who makes sure that they wont just send me a defective old one again? It's a mess.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team After having to deal with this whole issue the second time, Im a bit disappointed by Wiim and their German Distributor ATR Audio-Trade. Through the TIcket system of the Wiim Home App I was fpromised to receive a replacement unit asap. Stil, I was forwarded to the seller. The seller forwarded me to the Distributor ATR which doesn't seem to know anything about the humming issue. Instead of just shipping a new V5 device and me returning the defective one, they ask to get the defective one to "check" it. That's just annoying considering how obvious the issue is. And who makes sure that they wont just send me a defective old one again? It's a mess.
Sounds like the seller/distributor have a responsibility to contact WiiM if they’re in any doubt and don’t accept what they’d read if they simply googled “WiiM amp humming”. I’ll escalate this to WiiM and see if they can nudge the distributor.

I sent the amplifier back to them (ATR Audio-Trade) and they said I would have to wait about a month for the new device

Sounds like the seller/distributor have a responsibility to contact WiiM if they’re in any doubt and don’t accept what they’d read if they simply googled “WiiM amp humming”. I’ll escalate this to WiiM and see if they can nudge the distributor.
Thanks, I even pasted a screenshot of my ticket to the E-Mail
1708710291190.png

Unless the distributor is actually out of stock, it seems that they’re dragging their feet, and your seller’s passing of the back doesn‘t sound reasonable either. I can understand why WiiM referred you to the seller as it’s their responsibility to replace a defective unit or offer you a refund. What’s the position re your region’s sale of goods/consumer laws? I would have expected the responsibility to lie with them - as you’ve provided evidence that the fault you have is documented, I would have thought they should replace the unit, unless your laws state you need to give them an opportunity to repair it or give you a refurbished or new unit.

Unless the distributor is actually out of stock, it seems that they’re dragging their feet, and your seller’s passing of the back doesn‘t sound reasonable either. I can understand why WiiM referred you to the seller as it’s their responsibility to replace a defective unit or offer you a refund. What’s the position re your region’s sale of goods/consumer laws? I would have expected the responsibility to lie with them - as you’ve provided evidence that the fault you have is documented, I would have thought they should replace the unit, unless your laws state you need to give them an opportunity to repair it or give you a refurbished or new unit.
It's Germany. By law it's the seller's issue. However, usually manufacturers offer easier solutions through their distributors or support partners, especially when it's a known issue. As Wiim said that they will replace humming units, I was convinced that they will handle it. Unfortunately, in their E-Mails they dont feel responsible for Non-Amazon-Sales. Disappointing and imho unfair towards customers and sellers as they - probably unknowingly - sell faulty devices even though wiim already knowing about their existence.

The responsibility lies with the seller...im sure of it.
Tell this the to the seller.
He must replace your device and he must contact WIIM.
Not you

Last edited:
The responsibility lies with the seller...im sure of it.
Yeah, but they will obviously use recourse as set out by the Sales of Goods Directive. In the end Wiim has to pay. So it doesnt realy make a difference, except annoying the customer. ;-)

Back