Humming noise

Same issue over here. After creating the ticket WiiM replied there was an error with the remote. After going a bit back and forward they are sending a new unit. Unsure whether this is a new amp or new remote.

Sorry for the late reply. What's your ticket number?

Hi WiiM Team. I've been waiting for 24 days now to receive a response on my ticket related to humming noise issue.

Is it normal to wait that long even for a comment from your side?

Ticket number: #495322

Hi WiiM Team. I've been waiting for 24 days now to receive a response on my ticket related to humming noise issue.

Is it normal to wait that long even for a comment from your side?

Ticket number: #495322
Sorry for the delay here. Our team will reply and work on shipping you a replacement unit.

Also have not heard anything on getting my unit replaced and it’s been almost a month.

Ticket #

495337​

It's the same for me. My ticket has been created 24 days ago and I did not get any replay after providing the shipping data. This process could be more transparent. Waiting is fine for me, but then I'd like to get more information about the current status of the replacement.

Ticket:

#495375​

Same issue over here. After creating the ticket WiiM replied there was an error with the remote. After going a bit back and forward they are sending a new unit. Unsure whether this is a new amp or new remote.
Never heard anything back on the ticket though. Got into contact via Amazon. The replacement unit has been delivered in 7 days from initial contact.
No humming issues with the new unit so that is great.

The new unit is different in many aspects, including the color of the unit which is much lighter

Also have not heard anything on getting my unit replaced and it’s been almost a month.

Ticket #

495337​

Apologies for the delay in response. Our team replied to your ticket. Kindly check it out at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Never heard anything back on the ticket though. Got into contact via Amazon. The replacement unit has been delivered in 7 days from initial contact.
No humming issues with the new unit so that is great.

The new unit is different in many aspects, including the color of the unit which is much lighter
What pcb version?

It's the same for me. My ticket has been created 24 days ago and I did not get any replay after providing the shipping data. This process could be more transparent. Waiting is fine for me, but then I'd like to get more information about the current status of the replacement.

Ticket:

#495375​

Hi, just letting you know our team replied to your ticket. Thank you.

Got my replacement unit today from Wiim. Old was PCB 4, new one is also PCB 4. Old one hummed, new one not. The packaging is slightly different (black&white logos instead of color, slightly different colour of white, smaller packages inside are differently labeled). The new one has the IEC class ii icon, old one did not. RCA ports on the back of the unit are the same way on both units (white next to speaker ports) https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-wiim-amp-tests-chapter-2.2442/post-36311. I can't see any colour difference on the units themselves.

The serial numbers are very similar, and if the first numbers indicate production week, then both units were produced on the same week (2023 50). Either they came from a different factory, or some of the parts were changed during that week (the bottom of the device with markings, the packaging).

IMG_2895 (1).jpeg

Got my replacement unit today from Wiim. Old was PCB 4, new one is also PCB 4. Old one hummed, new one not. The packaging is slightly different (black&white logos instead of color, slightly different colour of white, smaller packages inside are differently labeled). The new one has the IEC class ii icon, old one did not. RCA ports on the back of the unit are the same way on both units (white next to speaker ports) https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-wiim-amp-tests-chapter-2.2442/post-36311. I can't see any colour difference on the units themselves.

The serial numbers are very similar, and if the first numbers indicate production week, then both units were produced on the same week (2023 50). Either they came from a different factory, or some of the parts were changed during that week (the bottom of the device with markings, the packaging).
uboot_verinfo
NEW: 231211.095208
OLD: 231201.154735

Back