Humming noise

My device also has the humming/buzzing that was purchased from Amazon a few weeks ago. I’ve reached out via the feedback in the app twice now and have heard nothing back. Pretty disappointing.

What are your ticket numbers?

Yeah. I contacted them twice now. Heard nothing. I’ll just buy a new one I guess and return it unless the new one is also bad.

Yeah. I contacted them twice now. Heard nothing. I’ll just buy a new one I guess and return it unless the new one is also bad.
Sorry for the late reply. What's your ticket number?

How can I replace a product that was not purchased from Amazon? If purchased on a foreign website?

How can I replace a product that was not purchased from Amazon? If purchased on a foreign website?
Hi Spivadan,

We recommend coordinating with your seller for the replacement process. If you encounter any difficulties in resolving this issue, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to us. We'll promptly assist you in working with your seller to ensure a smooth resolution. We appreciate your patience and are here to help. Thank you!

Hi I am having the same issues. I already registered for a return but it is still shown as being processed. ticket #495838.
I can wait for another 10 days or so and alternatively can simply return via Amazon but would be nice to solve this directly.
thanks
Martijn

Holding your ear against feels extreme.
I would say that 80% of all electronics have some kind of sound coming from them. Mostly outside the audible range.
I remember a number of years ago when every graphics card had these problems...

You can't be that picky... In my case we are talking loud audible noise from 3-4m from the Wiim Amp.
Wiim has promised a solution for me, I hope they manage to keep it. Otherwise, I will contact you here on the forum regarding my case.

Is the humming/whining noise there from the minute you plug it in - or does it take a while to develop?
My Wiim Amp was delivered yesterday and tested it for a couple of hours without being aware of any internal noises - even with my ear up against it.
I've reboxed it as a 'surprise' birthday present to myself next week - but wondering if I need to test it for longer?

Is the humming/whining noise there from the minute you plug it in - or does it take a while to develop?
My Wiim Amp was delivered yesterday and tested it for a couple of hours without being aware of any internal noises - even with my ear up against it.
I've reboxed it as a 'surprise' birthday present to myself next week - but wondering if I need to test it for longer?
I would say right from the start.
I can hear the device "working". For example, when a song ends. Quick silence. Standby/Active unit, restart etc. even when I turn subwoofer output off and on.

All that aside, the device is the best I've bought in a long time! I really hope I get a solution to the problem.
I really don't want to be without my device in the future, and I think they solve all other problems during the trip.

Want, for example, invudual volume per input. Also a standard volume every time you change the source. Avoid being terrified when the TV jumps on.

my device is also warm, doesnt matter if it is in standby or playing music. This is defect, certainly combined with the small noise. Support contacted me that they are working on shipping out a replacement unit when it becomes available.

my device is also warm, doesnt matter if it is in standby or playing music. This is defect, certainly combined with the small noise. Support contacted me that they are working on shipping out a replacement unit when it becomes available.
I understood the heat issue was resolved by recent firmware that reduced standby power usage to around 3-4w. My Amp is cool to the touch now, just a few degrees warmer, but still cooler than my Fire TV cube

I occasionally hear a slight high-pitched buzz coming from my amp when there's nothing playing or the volume is very low, and I'm sitting about 1m away from it. But then a couple of minutes later, with the music still at the same volume or off, I realise I don't hear the buzz anymore. When I put my ear up against the amp, it is indeed silent. Presumably this is not the same buzz others are talking about.

I received a replacement unit today - PCB version 5. The humming noise is completely gone. In addition the power consumption decreased from 15W to 12W (while playing music). Standby is still 4-5W (this was fixed even on PCB version 2 with firmware update). Heat while playing music remains roughly the same.

Great to hear, what pcb version did you have on your previous unit?
I hope I get my replacement unit soon.
Really love my wiim, but the humming sound gives me a headache 😂😨
Now enjoy your device 🤩

Hi everyone, status update.
Got my unit replaced today by Wiim.
Extremely nice and professionally handled. My new unit is completely silent from listening distance. No disturbing noise.
A small noise can be heard IF I put my ear to the device. Now I mean really put my ear to the device. You don't need to worry.
Now we talk that I need to make an effort to hear the sound.
Earlier we talked about a noise that was heard in the 55m2 living room.

Still the device says my wifi 5ghz is low. I am convinced that this is not the case but that it is a programming error. The device has high link speed and my Ubiquiti network says that the device has good signal quality and good link speed. My access points are Ubiquiti wifi 6 pro.

I repeat that this is the best device I have bought in a long time.
I'm moving from a Yamaha RX A3010 primary, which now has to stand in a corner of its own dedicated cinema room.
Where instead of the living room I want a nice, stylish solution without ending up in the soundbar world.

With Wiim, I get the best of both worlds. Simplicity, TV sound and a really good 2ch system with subwoofer. A device that is always on standby ready to be used.
I hope and truly believe that this device will be kept up to date with new features constantly. Thank you Wiim ❤️

//Hampus Sweden

Hi everyone, status update.
Got my unit replaced today by Wiim.
Extremely nice and professionally handled. My new unit is completely silent from listening distance. No disturbing noise.
A small noise can be heard IF I put my ear to the device. Now I mean really put my ear to the device. You don't need to worry.
Now we talk that I need to make an effort to hear the sound.
Earlier we talked about a noise that was heard in the 55m2 living room.

Still the device says my wifi 5ghz is low. I am convinced that this is not the case but that it is a programming error. The device has high link speed and my Ubiquiti network says that the device has good signal quality and good link speed. My access points are Ubiquiti wifi 6 pro.

I repeat that this is the best device I have bought in a long time.
I'm moving from a Yamaha RX A3010 primary, which now has to stand in a corner of its own dedicated cinema room.
Where instead of the living room I want a nice, stylish solution without ending up in the soundbar world.

With Wiim, I get the best of both worlds. Simplicity, TV sound and a really good 2ch system with subwoofer. A device that is always on standby ready to be used.
I hope and truly believe that this device will be kept up to date with new features constantly. Thank you Wiim ❤️

//Hampus Sweden

I'm in exactly the same situation. My amp has just been replaced by Wiim. No more noise. But the device still says that my 5 GHz wifi is weak! I should have connected it to ethernet. Let's hope this isn't a new problem ...

Back