Humming noise

mskis

Received my amp a few days ago and it has been working nearly flawlessly. However, it developed a humming noise and is always warm now even in standby. Wondering if others have had similar issues. Any thoughts as to a solution? Already reached out to WiiM and pending a response.

They said that it sounded like the device had a flaw and I believe they will be sending a new one. When that will be I’m not sure.

I'm having the same issue with it being warm after being on standby. Waiting on a response from Wiim as well.

Tbh this shouldnt be a ticket issue as it affects almost all delivered units. The problem is well-known through all communities and should have been subject to clarification.

The best way of letting a supplier know of an issue is to use the feedback route they provide. Only they can gauge the number of units impacted out of those actually delivered (rather than just those who take to posting in user forums) and whether they’re from the same batch, PCB version etc. If you use the feedback route, they can glean that information from your device logs and help identify the issue.

Hi Team,

A very small number of units from our first manufacturing batch exhibit a low humming noise due to the power transformer. This issue has been resolved in subsequent batches. If your unit is affected, please contact us by sending us a feedback ticket.

Your ongoing support is greatly appreciated!

I also had this buzzing issue. Super bummed to hear it's happening to others. I contacted Wiim support on Dec 21 and they said they would arrange for another unit to be sent when they are available. It's been 11 days since I have heard anything from support. The amp has gone back in stock and sold out twice on Amazon (where I bought mine) since they said they would arrange a replacement. Not terribly happy about the whole ordeal.

I also had this buzzing issue. Super bummed to hear it's happening to others. I contacted Wiim support on Dec 21 and they said they would arrange for another unit to be sent when they are available. It's been 11 days since I have heard anything from support. The amp has gone back in stock and sold out twice on Amazon (where I bought mine) since they said they would arrange a replacement. Not terribly happy about the whole ordeal.
Raise another ticket referencing the first and hopefully that will prompt them again. Also, if you DM me with both ticket numbers , I’ll try and escalate it to them as well.

Raise another ticket referencing the first and hopefully that will prompt them again. Also, if you DM me with both ticket numbers , I’ll try and escalate it to them as well.
I'll do so and send you the ticket numbers. Thank you!

Hi!
I also have this problem. The sound changes character depending on the settings or load. Sounds similar, um um um um uuuummmm.

Has anyone gotten help with this? Bought my device through Amazon around Christmas

Amazon has 30 day return, then order a replacement. I have two from Amazon and so far so good. It’s a new product, defects happen . Or order another one and return the bad one . It looks like WiiM support is overloaded

Hi!
I also have this problem. The sound changes character depending on the settings or load. Sounds similar, um um um um uuuummmm.

Has anyone gotten help with this? Bought my device through Amazon around Christmas
Hi Hampisch,

Please send us a feedback ticket with the WiiM Home App by selecting the 'Settings' tab > Feedback. We'll follow up with you immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

My device also has the humming/buzzing that was purchased from Amazon a few weeks ago. I’ve reached out via the feedback in the app twice now and have heard nothing back. Pretty disappointing.

Did you contact WiiM ? Or order a new one from Amazon and return the bad one . I think that’s the easiest way.

Back