Jazzgroove

bazzast

I known that this is my personal fixation but I'd like to known if there's the possibility to have Jazzgroove app integrated in Wiim home ( just like RP ) or have metadata when add to Open Network Stream..

The jazzgrove.org is certainly worth it. It's about 60% of my listening, I have mix1and mix2 programed in separately. Just the Metadata would be great.

I've chosen the annual subscription, $100
Me too. I'm waiting on my WiiM Pro. I see Radio Paradise has a WiiM app but no Jazzgroove. I chatted just now with Jazzgroove and agent didn't have any info if they were working on an app...but they said they'd post my request whatever that means. "More donations we get, more apps we can build" was the comment:)

I wouldn’t describe WiiM’s support of Radio Paradise as having an app - it’s more akin to having the URLs embedded in the Wiim app. Again, LMS is probably a good example of Radio Paradise support where it does use your RP account so you can select favourites, rate songs etc. LMS might also have Jazzgroove Support, not sure.

I wouldn’t describe WiiM’s support of Radio Paradise as having an app - it’s more akin to having the URLs embedded in the Wiim app. Again, LMS is probably a good example of Radio Paradise support where it does use your RP account so you can select favourites, rate songs etc. LMS might also have Jazzgroove Support, not sure.
No support via Plugin but as of last year I’m led to believe that if you subscribe then JazzGroove will supply 5 x FLAC urls that include your subscription info that you can use with LMS and get metadata. Not tried it though but there is a dedicated thread “JazzGroove Support” in 3rd Party Software

No support via Plugin but as of last year I’m led to believe that if you subscribe then JazzGroove will supply 5 x FLAC urls that include your subscription info that you can use with LMS and get metadata. Not tried it though but there is a dedicated thread “JazzGroove Support” in 3rd Party Software
Yeah, saw that thread - looks like you get personalised URLs with a unique token when you sign up

Yes, I have the FLAC URLs, it's straightforward to generate them...however, last time I checked on Squeezebox, I wasn't getting the cover art and song info. I've spent the past 9 months using Apple Music, trying to make that work in my setup...AM definitely doesn't show the metadata, a big reason I'm trying WiiM actually. Sonos has both direct integration with Jazzgroove and will also take the URLs, shows metadata either way.

Does anyone know if the Jazzgroove URLs show cover-art and song info when streaming through WiiM?

If so, then don't really need an app per se...

I haven't setup the WiiM yet, but the supplied URLs worked great in Roon. No album art, but the rest of the metadata is there. Which is pretty normal for most radio-type streams. I'll be setting up the WiiM shortly. 😁

Yes, I have the FLAC URLs, it's straightforward to generate them...however, last time I checked on Squeezebox, I wasn't getting the cover art and song info. I've spent the past 9 months using Apple Music, trying to make that work in my setup...AM definitely doesn't show the metadata, a big reason I'm trying WiiM actually. Sonos has both direct integration with Jazzgroove and will also take the URLs, shows metadata either way.

Does anyone know if the Jazzgroove URLs show cover-art and song info when streaming through WiiM?

If so, then don't really need an app per se...
No metadata or art shows on the WiiM when using jazzgroove url.

No metadata or art shows on the WiiM when using jazzgroove url.
Darn. That's what I need. I've been using a Mac app called "MBC" Menu Bar Controller for a Sonos beam (a TV soundbar) trying to decide if I wanted to expand into Sonos for music as well. I almost bought some 5s just based on that slick little app...going to send that developer a note he should clone for WiiM

Yep, I just tried both the regular URL and the .PLS version URL, no art nor metadata for either. Sorry. :cry:
I think that use of these subcription URL's in LMS will bring forth metadata and cover art but you would need to install the Radio Now Playing plugin which is a clever bit of code that gets metadata and cover art for you from Internet Radio Stations when otherwise there is none. I say think because the last post on the subject was last year and although the author is fairly sure it still works he (and I) have no subscription to test.

I think that Jazzgroove not send metadata with premium urls, but may I be wrong. Probably metadata are only for their ( beautiful ) android app. In any way music is most important than a cover..

I think that Jazzgroove not send metadata with premium urls, but may I be wrong. Probably metadata are only for their ( beautiful ) android app. In any way music is most important than a cover..
I totally agree, the music is most important and cover art is more a luxury, but the album info is always welcome. Ymmv 😎

If you play Jazz Groove streams to the WiiM via LMS, you’ll get the artist(s), song title and the Jazz Groove icon in place of the album art. No album name. The Material Skin will show full technical details, but here we just get 16/44.1, minimal info.

IMG_1351.png

IMG_1350.jpeg

Back