Jazzgroove

@WiiM Team, Jazz Groove does supply the title and artist in the Icy metadata now, so should be pretty simple to extract it and display for IceCast streams in general.

For example:

>python3 icylister2.py http://streams.radiomast.io/4482dfb3-d502-42ef-8184-fc56b0f3ed44?token=(xxxxxx) json
{"StreamTitle": "Brother Jack McDuff - I Can't Get Started"}

What screen setup have you built there? Interested...
It's a Chrome extension running on the Kiwi browser on a Lenovo Android tablet.

It's a Chrome extension running on the Kiwi browser on a Lenovo Android tablet.

So, that looks like what I’d want out of a Wiim Display…drop a tablet into a charger on standby and have it show song/artist/bitrate/etc. this could obviate the need for a display altogether. Wiim, please do this. I can supply my own display.

@cc_rider could you telll me which app I need to download in PlayStore for using it?
For an Android tablet, you'll need the Kiwi browser, as the Chrome browser doesn't support plugins on Android. Then just download and install the Kiwi extension zip file as shown in the other thread.

Last edited:
Speaking of Jazzgrove.org, does anyone here find that their streams comes through a bit bass heavy compared to other stations ? I have been struggling to fine a right balance between them and my other stations with my sub settings.

LMS might also have Jazzgroove Support, not sure.

They do, Mix 1 and Mix 2 are offered as both AAC and MP3 lossy streams with metadata and album art in Radio Now Playing:

Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 7.49.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 7.49.49 PM.png

The donation/subscription is a no brainier however, you get 5 stations in FLAC quality, also with metadata and album art of course:

Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 7.52.18 PM.png

Oh, sweet, I wasn’t aware of that plugin. Very nice to have full metadata on TJG!

Hi,

Is this an explicit , unique plugin or can the streams be found via another plugin ?

I'm not seeing a Jazzgroove plugin in my list of available plugins.

Thanks

Hi,

Is this an explicit , unique plugin or can the streams be found via another plugin ?

I'm not seeing a Jazzgroove plugin in my list of available plugins.

Thanks
Radio Now Playing plugin, works with other radio stations as well.

Radio Now Playing plugin, works with other radio stations as well.
Slight clarification.
Inside the Radio Now Playing (RNP) plugin you will find access to mp3, aac, and m3u streams which are the non Premium Plus links BUT if you have donated you can use your specific URLs to create LMS favourites for the full FLAC streams. In this scenario I believe that RNP will still pull the metadata for you.

Thanks

I was looking for the streams to be listed under "J" but of course they are under "T" for "The Jazzgroove" 💡

All I want for Christmas is channel buttons, cover art, album & artist info for The Jazz Groove on the Wiim App.

Its either this or a hippo Wiim Team. Your move.

Back