Joining another Wiim Mini to existing group

Frank P

So I currently have 4 Wiim Minis running a whole home audio setup with a Soundavo 8ch amp.
Works great!
I'd like to add another Wiim Mini to the group BUT it will be out in my garage which is connected to my home network through a wifi access point.
The AP gives me a super strong wifi signal while in my backyard.
Problem is there will be 2 network names.
The first 4 Wiims are paired to network A
The new one will be paired to network B
Can all 5 Wiim Minis show in app?
I'd like to be able to use outdoor speakers on the house AND speakers on my garage at the same time.
TIA!!

Are network A and network B on the same subnet? If so it should be fine

Are network A and network B on the same subnet? If so it should be fine
Sorry, little bit of noob when it comes to this
How can I check that?
I think it is because I have modem feeding ethernet line to garage and then added a wifi extender as a wired access point

Is the network range e.g
192.168.1.x OR 192.168.2.x
the same at both points with the only difference being the last digit (x) ?

I am pretty sure most APs if you log into them should allow you to change the SSID and password to match the core networks

Why not try resetting one of the minis then putting it in the garage and setting it up to try it out?

"I think it is because I have modem feeding ethernet line to garage and then added a wifi extender as a wired access point"
I have the same setup, with pros hard wired to my network and a mini on the AP. The SSID names on both the main and AP are the same.
Grouping works fine.
At one point I had one of the pros on wifi too, but I can't be sure which of the two wifi points it was connected to, being roughly in the middle of the house.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input, I will try setting it up and see if it works.
If not, then try changing AP to match network name and password to core network.

Back